Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:50 PM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
OK I guess it was to much to hope for. ( I love to DL) Thanks for all the help and can't wait to try out this routine!!
You certainly could try, but if you do, I would ease into it. I don't want to hold you back from learning and trying new things.

My only caveat is that if you are going to squat 2x a week and deadlift 2x a week, ease into it with a lighter weight and slowly build weight each workout. Learn how your body handles things before you dive in deep with heavy weight 2x a week. Maybe take a month to ramp up - or 8 squat and deadlift workouts.

Doug himself advocated many different approaches with his methodology. One of his 4 day per week programs had deadlifts one day, and high pulls on the second deadlift day.

Then again, one of his 3 day per week workouts had deadlifts on Monday and Friday and high pulls on Wednesday.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2011, 04:54 PM   #12
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
You certainly could try, but if you do, I would ease into it. I don't want to hold you back from learning and trying new things.

My only caveat is that if you are going to squat 2x a week and deadlift 2x a week, ease into it with a lighter weight and slowly build weight each workout. Learn how your body handles things before you dive in deep with heavy weight 2x a week. Maybe take a month to ramp up - or 8 squat and deadlift workouts.

Doug himself advocated many different approaches with his methodology. One of his 4 day per week programs had deadlifts one day, and high pulls on the second deadlift day.

Then again, one of his 3 day per week workouts had deadlifts on Monday and Friday and high pulls on Wednesday.
I think im going to try the 4 day split with just the main lifts for a week or two with 75%-80% max. Depending on how I do I will either drop the second DL day and do bench squat twice a week or start to add in the other lifts like you mentioned. Again thanks for the quick response
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:22 PM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Best of luck. Hope you consider logging it here when you do try it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 06:30 PM   #14
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Best of luck. Hope you consider logging it here when you do try it.
Thanks for all the help, and I probably will start a log after my first meet.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote