Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:54 AM   #21
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighttrain View Post
so steve what you are saying is that HGH is the way to go if you are looking for pure size?
Steroids just make a cell bigger. They don't increase the number of muscle cells.

HGH increases the number of cells, so it increases volume. It also increase the volume of your head, internal organs, and dinkie winkie. HGH is the cause behind the top bodybuilders looking like big-gut freaks. They have mutant intestines. No shit.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #22
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post

I think though if someone could produce an OTC myostatin blocker then natural limits would be raised significantly. I have no idea the negative side of said product.
Rick is correct-a-mundo. This would produce more muscle tissue

Anything that can raise natural testosterone can lead to more muscle. With that said, natural test boosters don't boost it by much, for long enough periods of time, to really make any difference.

And if Joe Schmoe pro natural took every natural test booster under the sun for years, he's be lucky to squeeze out 4 ounces of muscle. And it would go away when he stopped taking the test boosters. The boost isn't that much.

Natural test boosters are good for old farts who need to help push levels back towards normal, and they are great for PCT and holding on to muscle from PH/AAS, but as a stand alone muscle builder they are virtually useless.

Whenever you read a claim that Product X boosts test levels by 250%, odds are is just a small, temporary spike, and not a continuous, month long spike.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #23
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

In my opinion, and I think this is true, HGH really grew in popularity about the time that Dorian Yates took the Mr. O crown. before him, tiny waists still rules. Guys like Rich Gaspari had thick mid-sections, and he might have played with HGH, but HGH really took off in the mid-1990s.

That's why the current Mr. O competitors look like bloated pigs.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #24
swoleramon
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,568, Level: 37 Points: 3,568, Level: 37 Points: 3,568, Level: 37
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

swoleramon is new to the forumswoleramon is new to the forum

Very interesting stuff. I workout at a gym where this natural bodybuidler trains. He only weighs like 180, but dayyyam, he looks big.
swoleramon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #25
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

i need me some HGH.... lol
Old 09-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #26
BigFiveFive
White Mamba
Max Brawn
Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39 Points: 3,891, Level: 39
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Exercise: Barbell Rows
Fav Supp: AMS Pump Fixx
BigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributorBigFiveFive is a dedicated contributor

For some reason I cant seem to wrap my mind around this, which is odd. As of right now I could call myself natural, my last PH cycle was close to 10 months ago and Im way bigger, leaner, and stronger as of now. Im 5'11 200lbs, everytime someone tries to guess my weight they put me around 230ish (this is kinda referring to swoleramon's post)

I didnt really look into genetics untill last year, I kinda believed that everyone could get big if they wanted...I learned i was very wrong. I also began to believe that god might not have blessed me with good genetics...wrong again

I dont really know where im going with this right now, but MAB if u could break this system down a little more that would be great. Im not really understanding the read for some reason lol.
BigFiveFive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #27
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFiveFive View Post

I dont really know where im going with this right now, but MAB if u could break this system down a little more that would be great. Im not really understanding the read for some reason lol.
Sure. Give me your height and current weight.

Do you own a skinfold caliper at all? And if not, you have a picture of you from the front so I could see how lean you are? (bodyfat scales are useless).

Here's a summary of what you could expect at 5'11", if you were at 6% bodyfat (around competition weight) and had never taken a PH:

5'11"
6% bodyfat
185.7 lean body mass potential.
Competition weight = 197.6 pounds
11.9 pounds of fat

The above numbers could be plus 3-4 for genetics freaks, but generally no higher unless you had immense bones like Andre the Giant.

Right now, just guessing you're fairly lean at maybe 12% bodyfat....???

If you weight 200 pounds at 12% bodyfat, you woudl be:

5'11"
12% bodyfat
176.0 lean body mass potential.
24.0 pounds of fat

This would mean that you have the potential to gain another 10 pounds of muscle mass without steroids/PH.

You look bigger then 200 because muscular, lean naturals tend to look bigger then they weigh.

If you're current bodyfat % was 14%, you could gain up to 14 more pounds of muscle. This doesn't sound like much but it is. Especially when you're big already.

I am 5'10" and my lean muscle mass is 178-179 pounds.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #28
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Here are some naturals and their contest weight... Keep in mind, these guys are champions. My point in posting there numbers and stats is to show you that 175-180 pounds of lean muscle could compete with the best naturals in the world. And it looks bigger the less fat you have on you.

Francisco Montealegre

5'10" 176 pounds

Daniel Grissom

5'8" 170 pounds

Joseph Ohrablo

5'9" 185 pounds

Last edited by BendtheBar; 09-11-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:42 PM   #29
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Kyle Harris

5'7" 155 pounds

Larry Burt

5'10" 180 pounds

Old 09-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #30
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Philip Ricardo is one of the top natural Olympians, and he's only 5'9", 180, He won at the natural Olympia...