Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 06-13-2011, 10:11 AM   #11
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
Is their lifts from that meet listed, or just the guys who were there? I cant make sense of it either at this point haha.
Look at Brian Siders' bench & dead. They're both from the same meet.
Valentin Konstantin Platz
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 10:17 AM   #12
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Your right, that meet is listed as "hardcore". There are a ton of Non US born on the multiply list. I have no idea why its not on there. Maybe they just missed it? Kinda crazy if they did!!!!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
jesseisrael
Pursuing Power!
Max Brawn
Points: 1,791, Level: 24 Points: 1,791, Level: 24 Points: 1,791, Level: 24
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 30 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: food
jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!

As I went throught current rankings I was really amazed by the difference in weights moved thorughout the different fields of play...Gear has done to Powerlifting way more to differenciate stength levels than steroids could have ever done..
In my weight class(198) the top lifts raw were a 755 squat, 535 bench and 750 dead with an 1840 total while in multi ply the top squat was 1055, bench 850 and dead was 800 with an all time total of 2630...that is a 790 pound increase from the all time raw total, where as the all time single ply total is 243 more than the all time raw total...Amazing just how different all three branches really are.
jesseisrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:54 PM   #14
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I spoke with 100% Raw's Paul Bossi a few years back and he remarked at how few Elite raw lifters there actually were, which painted a good picture at just how difficult they were for raw naturals to achieve.

These standards appear almost laughable against some of the totals that involve AAS and gear. I guess my point in saying this is that a 1400 to 1500 pound total doesn't seem all that impressive or out of reach any more, but it actually is a rare occurrence for many small weight raw natural weight classes. 1500-1600 is very hard to reach for the heavier raw classes.

I believe the elite raw total for the 275 class is 1641.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #15
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

I'd be making it on the deadlift if I pull 500...but since I'm Canadian it won't be on the list.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #16
NYMIKE
New Brawn
Points: 541, Level: 10 Points: 541, Level: 10 Points: 541, Level: 10
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

NYMIKE has made some good postsNYMIKE has made some good postsNYMIKE has made some good postsNYMIKE has made some good postsNYMIKE has made some good postsNYMIKE has made some good postsNYMIKE has made some good postsNYMIKE has made some good postsNYMIKE has made some good postsNYMIKE has made some good postsNYMIKE has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I spoke with 100% Raw's Paul Bossi a few years back and he remarked at how few Elite raw lifters there actually were, which painted a good picture at just how difficult they were for raw naturals to achieve.

These standards appear almost laughable against some of the totals that involve AAS and gear. I guess my point in saying this is that a 1400 to 1500 pound total doesn't seem all that impressive or out of reach any more, but it actually is a rare occurrence for many small weight raw natural weight classes. 1500-1600 is very hard to reach for the heavier raw classes.

I believe the elite raw total for the 275 class is 1641.
The landscape of the sport is definitely changing. My first meet was at the end of 2008, I was one of the few raw guys there, I felt like me doing this meet raw was getting my feet wet in the sport. I came away with a desire to get myself a squat suit, I wanted to see if my 380 squat would become 500+. Since I realized that there are plenty of raw meets around, and popularity of them is growing. Just look how much more publicity has Bennie's 1015 deadlift attracted then Donnie Thompson's 1260, the Russian dude Malanichev squatting just under 1000 raw gets plenty of love, the future of the sport is raw.
NYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote