|08-30-2011, 11:34 AM||#21|
Join Date: Jun 2011
Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
2) As you take the bar out of the rack, you're already hunched over and your legs aren't quite locked out. Get right underneath the bar and stand up straight with it, then walk it out with authority. You're taking the bar from the rack hunched up, so it's inevitable you'll do the rep hunched over as well. Sorting this will help with strength and staying more upright.
3) As far as the squat goes, you would benefit considerably from going wider. If you're going to do a power squat then go ahead and move your feet out and do it properly. Keeping your legs at a moderate stance just doesn't make sense for some people when they try to squat power style.
4) Work your hip/ham/inner thigh flexibility to aid the above.
5) Consider a faster descent.
6) Your legs need strengthening. Get on that Leg Press, do them heavy and deep
Last edited by Fazc; 08-30-2011 at 11:38 AM.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to Squat ☆ Squat Tip #4 - Fewest Steps Possible||BendtheBar||Video Compilations||0||05-30-2011 05:35 PM|
|How to Squat ☆ Squat Tip #3 - Setting the Lower Back||BendtheBar||Video Compilations||0||05-30-2011 05:35 PM|
|How to Squat ☆ Squat Tip #5 - The Double Breath||BendtheBar||Video Compilations||0||05-30-2011 05:35 PM|
|How to Squat ☆ Squat Tip #2 - Setting the Lats||BendtheBar||Video Compilations||0||05-30-2011 05:32 PM|
|How to Squat ☆ Squat Tip #1 - Elbows Down, Chest Up||BendtheBar||Video Compilations||0||05-30-2011 05:30 PM|