Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Whats Up? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6274)

austin.j.taylor 05-17-2011 09:31 AM

Whats Up?

Figured i would say hello to this section since this is where I will spend most of my time reading and posting. I train strongman mixed with a touch of powerlifting. Any questions ask away....

BendtheBar 05-17-2011 09:39 AM

Welcome to the forum. What type of training approaches have you used for powerlifting?

austin.j.taylor 05-17-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 138126)
Welcome to the forum. What type of training approaches have you used for powerlifting?

I started doing a generic BB routine, then got serious about strength and started where every beginner should start, with starting strength. I did this for about 6 months, moved onto Bill Starr's 5X5 for about 14 months. I have had a touch of training ADD here lately, running a bastardized version of 5/3/1 that i customized to better fit to my strongman goals. I am still dialing in my training to better suit what I want to accomplish, but here is my current split.

Monday: OHP and acc.
Tuesday: Deadlift and Back plus acc.
Wednesday: Off, maybe light cardio
Thursday: Squat/front squat and quad acc.
Friday: light to moderate bench with tricep, bicep, and lat acc.
Saturday: event training-varies alot by what comps are coming up, where weak points are, etc
Sunday: Beer, sports, food, recovery.

Abaddon 05-17-2011 09:57 AM

Welcome to MAB, Austin!

austin.j.taylor 05-17-2011 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abaddon (Post 138139)
Welcome to MAB, Austin!

Thanks some guy from another forum invited me over :D. I like that second qoute in your sig.

another fav of mine: I have seen jesus twice this week, once at church, once after deadlifts. I am undecided as to which time I prefer seeing him.

I am not a jesus guy myself, but i have seen him multiple times in my training endeavors. If you havent, you need to train harder:)

J_Byrd 05-17-2011 10:51 AM

Haha I always refer to that as the fog rolling in. All of a sudden it gets cloudy, and I know I am going to pass out if not careful!

austin.j.taylor 05-17-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Byrd (Post 138165)
Haha I always refer to that as the fog rolling in. All of a sudden it gets cloudy, and I know I am going to pass out if not careful!

O of my buddies texted me a few days ago that he passed out trying 500X2, got the first, tried the second and woke up a few seconds later.

edit: do you lift geared or raw? huge numbers in sig

LtL 05-17-2011 11:18 AM

Welcome aboard big man. Loving the training split but especially Sunday :D

LtL

austin.j.taylor 05-17-2011 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LtL (Post 138174)
Welcome aboard big man. Loving the training split but especially Sunday :D

LtL

Sunday is the day that makes the other 6 worth it. Some wings, steak, and a few beers make a rough week seem easy :)

BendtheBar 05-17-2011 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin.j.taylor (Post 138137)
Sunday: Beer, sports, food, recovery.

Best day of the week.