Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 03-23-2011, 05:02 AM   #1
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!
Default Captain of Crush Grippers

Been thinking about getting some of these to help my grip. Will probably be using them at my desk to stave off the boredom

Anyone have experience of using these?

What numbers would be good for a beginner with tiny hands?

Sets, rep's, advice?

Thanks in advance MAB!

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2011, 07:07 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Bump.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 08:51 AM   #3
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

BUMP

LtL
Old 03-23-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Any chance of getting to try a set out, from a friend?

My hands are really small (being female and all) and the part I find problematical with any grip device is that the grip handles are too far apart for me to start applying any pressure to start with, so they end up slipping...and I just give up and hand them to hubby.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
JesseA
Über Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,369, Level: 36 Points: 3,369, Level: 36 Points: 3,369, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

JesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributorJesseA is a consistent contributor

I have the Trainer and #1 CoC grippers, about ready to order the #2. They are very nice. I highly recommend them. If you can get your hands around these, they will not slip.

You can see the closing strength here:
Captains of Crush hand grippers and training tools for building hand strength

Even the trainer is way more difficult to close than your average fitness gripper. Your average gym rat will have difficulty closing even the trainer CoC.

They recommend using them in your training routine just as you would any other lift. In other words, no sitting at your desk killing time squeezing the gripper, train with the focus an intensity of everything else at the gym.

I just keep mine in my gym bag, and use them as part of my assistance work on my lower body lifting days.

You're not going to be doing hundreds of reps with these things, and if you do get to that point, you should move up to the #4 with a 385lb closure!
JesseA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #6
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Great post. Thanks Jesse. I think I'm gonna invest in the trainer and see how I get on. By the sounds of it, I won't be slamming it shut like a regular fitness gripper.

LtL