Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2011, 03:10 PM   #1
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast
Exclamation Very short notice competition prep

During my pre-workout shit, I saw someone left a Schriever Air Force Base “Happenings” pamphlet, so I perused and low and behold on page 2… “Bench Press and Deadlift competition on 21 Jan.” So I called the main gym and they said it’s free, contestants can do 1 or both events, have to register/weigh in by 19 Jan, and the winner for each event and overall (have to do both to win overall) will be determined by “function of bodyweight and weight lifted,” which I assume means Wilkes. I think the determination for winner is kinda lame, but I’m not gonna pass up a free competition opportunity.
I do have some questions for the guys who have done this:
I plan to open with my gym 1RMs (265 bench and 435 deadlift) and try to go up from there, is this a solid approach?
Do they typically let you do some warmup sets before your attemps, or should I try to do that on my own?

Any advice on contests from experienced competition power lifters is very welcome here.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links