Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   My version/abbreviation of Kaz's routine (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4835)

Trevor Lane 12-04-2010 09:30 AM

My version/abbreviation of Kaz's routine
 
Tuesday
Front Squat (light) warm up, then 3 sets
*Deadlift (heavy) warm up, then 4 sets
Shrugs 2 sets x 15 reps, 2 set x 10 reps superset w/Hammer Curls 4 sets x 12 reps
Pull-ups 4 sets x max on each set (weighted if/when possible)
Leg Curl 3 sets x 10 reps superset w/Calf Raise 3 sets x 15-25 reps
(Ab Work When Possible)

Wednesday
Bench (heavy) warm up, then 4 sets
Wide Grip Bench 3 sets
Narrow Grip Bench 3 sets
Arnolds 4 sets x 10 reps superset w/Side Delt Raise 4 sets x 10 reps
Skull crushers warm up, then 4 sets x 10 reps superset w/Tricep Push Down 4 sets x 10 reps
(Ab Work When Possible)

Friday
Squat (heavy) warm up, then 6 sets
DB Shrugs 2 sets x 15 reps, 2 set x 10 reps superset w/Hammer Curls 4 sets x 12 reps
Chin Ups 4 sets x max on each set superset w/Seated/Chest supported Row 4 sets x 10 reps
Leg Curl 3 sets x 10 reps superset w/Calf Raise 3 sets x 15-25 reps
(Ab Work When Possible)

Saturday
Bench (light) warm up, then 3 sets x 10 reps
Wide Grip Bench 3 sets x 10 reps
Narrow Grip Bench 3 sets x 10 reps
Mil/BTN press (heavy) warm up, then 4 sets
Cable Extensions 4 sets x 10 reps superset w/DB Triceps Extension 4 sets x 10 reps
(Ab Work When Possible)

*Deadlifts will alternate through standard, rack pulls, sumos, and deficit.
Any advice, or recommendations? Especially from Doc, Gamma, Sweed, BTB, or J.

gaspers04 12-04-2010 09:38 AM

Looks well rounded to me.

BendtheBar 12-04-2010 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am in for major epic win on this log.

Hope it works well for you.

My advice...mileage may vary...

Tuesday - I would deadlift before front squats. I am anal about deadlift on less than 100% lower back.

I know he also has 10 rep deadlift sets. It may help to start with 5-6 rep sets and build up in reps the first month or so just to condition your back for this work.

Other than that, I think it looks rock solid. If you like this workout, I might add it to MAB as an official workout.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/att...1&d=1291473682

gaspers04 12-04-2010 09:46 AM

How long are you going to hit that routine? Any deload phases in there, and are you dead set on the 3x10s.

Trevor Lane 12-04-2010 09:54 AM

Yeah, I've fiddled with the order for f. squats and deads before and I like front squats, pretty light, as kind of a warmup for deads and I think that appears to be Bill's approach. As for the reps, I don't like going higher than 5, even on a warmup set for deadlifts which is why I just said 4 sets and left the reps out.

BendtheBar 12-04-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Lane (Post 97890)
Yeah, I've fiddled with the order for f. squats and deads before and I like front squats, pretty light, as kind of a warmup for deads and I think that appears to be Bill's approach.

Sounds good.

glwanabe 12-04-2010 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Lane (Post 97884)
Tuesday
Front Squat (light) warm up, then 3 sets
*Deadlift (heavy) warm up, then 4 sets
Shrugs 2 sets x 15 reps, 2 set x 10 reps superset w/Hammer Curls 4 sets x 12 reps
Pull-ups 4 sets x max on each set (weighted if/when possible)
Leg Curl 3 sets x 10 reps superset w/Calf Raise 3 sets x 15-25 reps
(Ab Work When Possible)

Wednesday
Bench (heavy) warm up, then 4 sets
Wide Grip Bench 3 sets
Narrow Grip Bench 3 sets
Arnolds 4 sets x 10 reps superset w/Side Delt Raise 4 sets x 10 reps
Skull crushers warm up, then 4 sets x 10 reps superset w/Tricep Push Down 4 sets x 10 reps
(Ab Work When Possible)

Friday
Squat (heavy) warm up, then 6 sets
DB Shrugs 2 sets x 15 reps, 2 set x 10 reps superset w/Hammer Curls 4 sets x 12 reps
Chin Ups 4 sets x max on each set superset w/Seated/Chest supported Row 4 sets x 10 reps
Leg Curl 3 sets x 10 reps superset w/Calf Raise 3 sets x 15-25 reps
(Ab Work When Possible)

Saturday
Bench (light) warm up, then 3 sets x 10 reps
Wide Grip Bench 3 sets x 10 reps
Narrow Grip Bench 3 sets x 10 reps
Mil/BTN press (heavy) warm up, then 4 sets
Cable Extensions 4 sets x 10 reps superset w/DB Triceps Extension 4 sets x 10 reps
(Ab Work When Possible)

*Deadlifts will alternate through standard, rack pulls, sumos, and deficit.
Any advice, or recommendations? Especially from Doc, Gamma, Sweed, BTB, or J.


I like this T.

Have you supersetted leg curls and calf raises before? Looks fairly intense, I like it.

Hit this hard!!

Trevor Lane 12-04-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glwanabe (Post 97904)
I like this T.

Have you supersetted leg curls and calf raises before? Looks fairly intense, I like it.

Hit this hard!!

I usually triple set squats, leg curls, and calves. :mh:

big_swede 12-04-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Lane (Post 97906)
I usually triple set squats, leg curls, and calves. :mh:

:rockon::rockon::rockon:

I think it looks very good trev, only think that cought my eye was the front squats before the deads but you guys have already discused that.

Looking forward to see were you can take this!

jwood 12-04-2010 04:19 PM

Looks like a very solid program, good amount of volume and very balanced. Its good stuff, and I am interested to see how your body handles this.

Are you planning to deload every four weeks or so?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.