Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Wrist Size/ possible arm size (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4588)

CoopDawg 11-02-2010 04:59 PM

Wrist Size/ possible arm size

I measure my wrist today just bored in electrical tech class and my wrist was 7.5" is this a good or bad size, or what is good and bad size wrists?

Rich Knapp 11-02-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopDawg (Post 90834)
I measure my wrist today just bored in electrical tech class and my wrist was 7.5" is this a good or bad size, or what is good and bad size wrists?

There is NO good size bad size for wrists.

CoopDawg 11-02-2010 05:35 PM

O i thought i heard some reference to this once by someone not sure who, thanks for the fast reply rich

BendtheBar 11-02-2010 06:02 PM

7.5 is a larger wrist. Mine is 6.4 when at 12-18% bodyfat. In general in a perfect world you can aim for a ripped (6 to 12% bodyfat) arm 10 inches larger than your wrist since.

Your arms can appear 1-2 inches bigger than this with 15-30% bodyfat of course. Mine are currently near 19, but will be more around 16.5 ripped.

Also, check out this article I wrote:

Determining Natural Bodybuilding Potential Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

It bases bodyweight (lean mass) potential on a large wrist size of 7.5, which just so happens to be yours.

CoopDawg 11-02-2010 06:06 PM

Thanks btb i just went through my pm's and it was me and you that talked about this before i had to make sure i wasnt imagining things lol, i never knew i actually had a big wrist but it seems i do bro, thanks btb

BendtheBar 11-02-2010 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoopDawg (Post 90853)
Thanks btb i just went through my pm's and it was me and you that talked about this before i had to make sure i wasnt imagining things lol, i never knew i actually had a big wrist but it seems i do bro, thanks btb

You're welcome. 7.5 is definitely on the bigger side. It's not Andre the Giant or anything, but it's definitely big for your size. Small boned "hardgainers" (naturally weak) like me tend to be 6.5 (ish) and under.

Larger bones can mean a greater potential for strength.

CoopDawg 11-02-2010 06:19 PM

thanks btb, that makes me feel better , bro your no weak hardgainer maybe once hardgainer, thanks for the insight

Rich Knapp 11-02-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 90858)
You're welcome. 7.5 is definitely on the bigger side. It's not Andre the Giant or anything, but it's definitely big for your size. Small boned "hardgainers" (naturally weak) like me tend to be 6.5 (ish) and under.

Larger bones can mean a greater potential for strength.

You have that right BTB. I had to messure for my Versa Grip order and I only have a 6 1/2" to 6 3/4" wrist. I'm also a hard gainer.

Draw back on small wrists (not bad just draw back) Less padding/protection to the tendents from out side hits. But this is just my thoughts.

As a BBer small wrists make your forarms and upper arms look bigger. :rockon:

CoopDawg 11-02-2010 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Knapp (Post 90872)
You have that right BTB. I had to messure for my Versa Grip order and I only have a 6 1/2" to 6 3/4" wrist. I'm also a hard gainer.

Draw back on small wrists (not bad just draw back) Less padding/protection to the tendents from out side hits. But this is just my thoughts.

As a BBer small wrists make your forarms and upper arms look bigger. :rockon:

this is true cause even though my wrists arent to small they make my 14" arms look alot bigger(hopefully 17 to 18" in a few years)