Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   How do you guys keep motivated to keep on going? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4343)

USMCONQUISTADOR 09-26-2010 01:19 PM

How do you guys keep motivated to keep on going?

Wondering how other people do to keep themselves going and trying to get to a goal or just to keep on pushing month after month year after year my goal is to be able to pick up move things that werent supposed to be moved and i know its gonna be a while

BendtheBar 09-26-2010 03:42 PM

I train for myself. I train how I want to train when I want to train. Far too often everything becomes you gotta do this or that, and people start training in ways that aren't appealing to them because they feel like they have to train like lifter X or competitor X or their training sucks.

I keep myself happy first, and this keeps me motivated.

Marc 09-26-2010 05:58 PM

It is second nature, If I cannot go to the gym for some reason on a training day I am outraged. It becomes a way of life, no other motivation needed.

jslep 09-26-2010 06:06 PM

training and the lifestyle for me is an addiction. i need to lift and mold my physique to look better than others. call it cocky, call it confidence, call me what ever you want but don't say i can't do something cause i will prove you wrong. when i first decided to do a bodybuilding show i was laughed at by many of my close friends who couldn't understand why i would do it or how the hell i would do it. well i pulled my f'n skirt up and for weeks i trained and dieted my way to a respectable first finish. now i'm addicted and can't wait to get on stage and do better. better than anyone thought i could. except for me...........i know i can and i know i will.

dmaipa 09-26-2010 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 83967)
I train for myself. I train how I want to train when I want to train. Far too often everything becomes you gotta do this or that, and people start training in ways that aren't appealing to them because they feel like they have to train like lifter X or competitor X or their training sucks.

word!

Rich Knapp 09-26-2010 07:08 PM

My motivation when I started was my health.

Now it is all the suport and when a little boys in a chairs tells me I am there
idle.

gaspers04 09-26-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

^I second that.^

...and stretch marks, signs of heavy progression! lol

DMedley 09-27-2010 07:35 AM

Quote:

This and challenging myself with daily and weekly goals.

PCT 10-12-2010 10:07 AM

My probelm is staying out of the gym... I wanna be in there everyday

BendtheBar 10-12-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PCTHATER (Post 86331)
My probelm is staying out of the gym... I wanna be in there everyday

That's my issue. And it doesn't help that the gym is 10 feet away in my basement.