Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   gaining brute strength... (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4310)

USMCONQUISTADOR 09-21-2010 05:41 PM

gaining brute strength...

ive skimmed through some workout programs here and there and non of them rly strike my interest too much. not to say they woudent do there job but i also like it when something particularly challenges me in the way of heavy weight lots of sets and lots of exercises...most people tell me that isent the best way to go at it but for me it seems to work pretty dam good most the time.

any advise greatly appreaciated i wanna reach a max bench of 315 deadlift 495 and squat 405 by new years...most ive done are 300 bench 425 deadlift and 355 squat

BendtheBar 09-21-2010 05:55 PM

Have you looked at anything like Korte:

Stephan Korte’s 3×3 Powerlifting Program Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Smolov:

Smolov Powerlifting Cycle Muscle and Brawn Bodybuilding and Powerlifting.

Or check this out by Jwood:

Jeremy's 6 Day Hardcore Strength Workout | Muscle & Strength

Here's a powerbuilding program that you might like:

Power Muscle Burn 5 Day Powerbuilding Split | Muscle & Strength

USMCONQUISTADOR 09-21-2010 06:12 PM

hmmm ima take at look at those and see which 1 i like most and try to stick to it ive never really stuck through a full workout plan i want to see what kind of gains i can make off them

USMCONQUISTADOR 09-21-2010 06:24 PM

wow im really liking all the those that you posted im gonna take a good while to read through them right and maybe try each 4 a lil to pick which 1 i like best and stick with it for a while

BendtheBar 09-21-2010 06:27 PM

I created the 5 day workout. It's more for muscle and strength.

USMCONQUISTADOR 09-21-2010 08:13 PM

quick question i wasent sure where to put this put idk how other people especially the ones that lift really hard...how do you deal with the hand pains and the callouses...i think the hand pains might just be me but im pretty sure the callouses everyone gets mine are to the point where i think there hurting more then helping me

another question is Smolov Powerlifting Cycle meant just for squats or can bench press be run along side it

#Maverick# 09-21-2010 08:47 PM

smolov is a great program, got like 15 lbs on smolov jr routine for my bench

PCT 10-12-2010 02:11 PM

westside is the best side...srs

I have been doing it for nearlly 6 weeks now and havent gone more than 3 days without setting a PR.... Never experienced this with any other program... I see more results on my bench as of right now.... seems to work great of the squat aswell... deadlift doesnt mocve as fast as I want but it may be due to programming on my part... 5/3/1 works great for deads though

NYMIKE 11-02-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMCONQUISTADOR (Post 83169)
quick question i wasent sure where to put this put idk how other people especially the ones that lift really hard...how do you deal with the hand pains and the callouses...i think the hand pains might just be me but im pretty sure the callouses everyone gets mine are to the point where i think there hurting more then helping me

another question is Smolov Powerlifting Cycle meant just for squats or can bench press be run along side it

Smolov is the most brutal squatting routine, yes you can bench press along side with it, but don't expect to make much gains on the bench, it's a squat specialization routine.

Bodybygamma 11-03-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYMIKE (Post 90920)
Smolov is the most brutal squatting routine, yes you can bench press along side with it, but don't expect to make much gains on the bench, it's a squat specialization routine.

Word just check Diesel Weasel's Log, 40lbs Pr on the Squat from Smolov