Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Lower back issues (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4280)

big_swede 09-18-2010 03:52 PM

Lower back issues

Recently started to get lower back pain from sitting to much in car seats or chairs at work. This sucks and have an negative impact on my lifting.

you guys got any ideas about how to prevent this or what "rehab" work can be done?

BendtheBar 09-18-2010 03:59 PM

I don't have any suggestions, but I will say that I am up for feedback as well. I sit all day for work and my mid to lower back is starting to find this disagreeable.

highkick09 09-18-2010 04:02 PM

I hear a few people have this special cushion to help support the lower back so less strain. No idea what but i think normal pillow would suffice. But might drop an few manly points for ya!

big_swede 09-18-2010 04:50 PM

Yeah might help HK. I simply rely on deadlifts and squats for lower back strength, maybe add some occasional hyperextensions or something? Worth a try

highkick09 09-18-2010 04:53 PM

[QUOTE=big_swede;82479]Yeah might help HK. I simply rely on deadlifts and squats for lower back strength, maybe add some occasional hyperextensions or something? Worth a try[/QUOTE

foam rollers? yoga? stiff leg squats? an women?

rippednmichigan 09-18-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_swede (Post 82465)
Recently started to get lower back pain from sitting to much in car seats or chairs at work. This sucks and have an negative impact on my lifting.

you guys got any ideas about how to prevent this or what "rehab" work can be done?

You might want to start staying out of "car seats" bro, I don't see how you would fit in one!

Seriously, go to the chiropractor!! I go all the time and it has done wonders for my back pain.

sneezingstardust 09-19-2010 07:40 AM

Try getting up every once in awhile and stretching/walking around, even if just for a minute.

DMedley 09-19-2010 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneezingstardust (Post 82533)
Try getting up every once in awhile and stretching/walking around, even if just for a minute.

I second this!

big_swede 09-19-2010 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rippednmichigan (Post 82491)
You might want to start staying out of "car seats" bro, I don't see how you would fit in one!

Seriously, go to the chiropractor!! I go all the time and it has done wonders for my back pain.

=)

Good idea, why didnt i thought of that - i have chiropractor, visited once-twice a week half a year ago to sort out some shoulder issues - will call him tmrow, thanks for reminding me bro! ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneezingstardust (Post 82533)

I do that, dont sit more than 20-30 mins in a row then walking to get something or have something to eat or so.

BendtheBar 09-19-2010 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big_swede (Post 82538)

I do that, dont sit more than 20-30 mins in a row then walking to get something or have something to eat or so.

^ I'm the same. I also trying stretching my back.