Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:09 AM   #11
DMedley
Brawn
Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11 Points: 562, Level: 11
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

DMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributorDMedley is a consistent contributor

That's unreal young Lady ... that is more than I can do.

Last edited by DMedley; 09-15-2010 at 11:19 AM.
DMedley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Christine...someone asked me why your belt looks "high". I assumed that it was high because you only care about ab pressure, and/or it is stiff and digs into your hips. I've never deadlifted with a powerlifting style belt so I didn't know what to tell him...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:04 AM   #13
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Christine...someone asked me why your belt looks "high". I assumed that it was high because you only care about ab pressure, and/or it is stiff and digs into your hips. I've never deadlifted with a powerlifting style belt so I didn't know what to tell him...
Oh man, I've been asked this so many times, haha.

My hips are wide, and the belt is stiff. I just put it where it seems the most comfortable and gives the most support. If I put it lower it'd be directly on my hips. I'd think it's be sort of uncomfortable if it's digging into your sides? I dunno. I could try putting it a bit lower I guess and see what happens.

http://www.fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

"Start wide, expand further, and never look back." -Arnold Schwarzenegger

Last edited by sneezingstardust; 09-15-2010 at 10:13 AM.
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #14
TitanCT
Manlet of Malice
Max Brawn
Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67 Points: 10,355, Level: 67
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

TitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master memberTitanCT is a master member

just in case anyone forgot.

that lift is just as ****ing sexy as it is impressive.
TitanCT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:11 AM   #15
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Oh, and thanks btw guys, haha. I'll get 5 next week fo sho.

315 is on its way!

-------

"People are always blaming their circumstances for what they are. I don't believe in circumstances. The people who get on in this world are the people who get up and look for the circumstances they want, and if they can't find them, make them." - George Bernard Shaw

Old 09-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #16
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
Oh, and thanks btw guys, haha. I'll get 5 next week fo sho.

315 is on its way!
I don't think the reason you missed it is because you did back-to-back days. I think it has more to do with the fact you just came off a deload.

You'll be in 315 territory soon, sis. Be proud.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:25 AM   #17
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManlet View Post
I don't think the reason you missed it is because you did back-to-back days. I think it has more to do with the fact you just came off a deload.

You'll be in 315 territory soon, sis. Be proud.
Don't think it had much to do with the deload, actually. I think it was mostly due to the fact my back was deep-fried from Monday.

Thanks broskie

-------

Old 09-15-2010, 10:28 AM   #18
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Quote:
Don't think it had much to do with the deload, actually. I think it was mostly due to the fact my back was deep-fried from Monday.

Thanks broskie
Are you Squatting low-bar?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #19
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManlet View Post
Are you Squatting low-bar?
Nope, as high bar as I possibly can, since the safety bars in the squat rack are really high, and I am very short, heh. I even squat with a slightly closer stance since it gives me more depth.

-------

Old 09-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #20
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Oh man, I've been asked this so many times, haha.

My hips are wide, and the belt is stiff. I just put it where it seems the most comfortable and gives the most support. If I put it lower it'd be directly on my hips. I'd think it's be sort of uncomfortable if it's digging into your sides? I dunno. I could try putting it a bit lower I guess and see what happens.
I don't think it matters as long as you have ab pressure...but I'm just guessing.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote