Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 08-21-2010, 11:23 PM   #1
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor
Default the answers to my weight gain

Okay guys i have almost gained 30 pounds in a few months and i know it seems weird so this is it....... From the time i was 3 until around 3 months ago i have always taken ADHD medicine im never hyper just needed the medicine to sleep since i have been on it so long, the ADHD is the reason behind my boxing and all i had so much energy. well recently i got taken off the meds that killed my appetite so now that nothings holding back my appetite i am eating all the foods my body wanted that i was never hungry enough to eat, seems i may be a natural to gaining and training i was just held back by medicine, all in one day today i was told, cooper your a monster man and the one that made me feel really good was god dude how are you getting so big, so here's the reason im gaining like crazy, btw guys since starting college and laying off working so much im starting to make time to log my workouts maybe i can get some on here soon, and btw im still on my routine but doing mostly dumbbell work
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2010, 11:47 PM   #2
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

run on sentence haha. i'm slightly confused
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 08-21-2010, 11:54 PM   #3
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

dude u should know by now im not gonna use perfect grammar i have to do it enough in college lol i type how i want lol, but if u tell me why ur confused i may can help
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether itís lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. Heís slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:55 PM   #4
kman025
1st MOM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72 Points: 12,439, Level: 72
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

kman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machinekman025 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
dude u should know by now im not gonna use perfect grammar i have to do it enough in college lol i type how i want lol, but if u tell me why ur confused i may can help
just messin with you bro.. i'm just tired as ****..
User owns 1x Pumping Iron (25th Anniversary Special Edition)
Old 08-21-2010, 11:59 PM   #5
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

haha okay man me to dude its 12 am here, later bro im off to bed
Old 08-22-2010, 07:20 AM   #6
gaspers04
Max Brawn
Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83 Points: 17,264, Level: 83
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 20 yrs.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: All of Them! Bench, hehe.
Fav Supp: Food
gaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master membergaspers04 is a master member

My I could use those meds for appetite suppression...lol

Supplements
M & S's Isofuel Chocolate, MGN's Dextrose,Universal's Beef Aminos and AAEFX's Kre-Alkalyn.
gaspers04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 07:38 AM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

From my understanding ADHD is linked to hyperthyroidism, so I would have thought that medication would have helped regulate your thyroid, causing you to gain weight.

In either case, glad you're off the pills.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #8
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

no not true coming from someone whos been on them 16 years, the medicine's that focus you kill the appetite, i guess it could depend on the meds the person takes for it also there are tons out there for diff people, my program prob also has alot to do with the gain
Old 08-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #9
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
i guess it could depend on the meds the person takes for it also there are tons out there for diff people, my program prob also has alot to do with the gain
I don't know how many different types of meds there are for ADHD, but I'm sure every responds differently. Does loss of appetite seem to be a common side effect?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #10
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

yeah its a real common side affect i only see a few ppl over 150 pounds that have it but everyone responds differently llike you said