Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Drunk Russian Strength Program (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3950)

BendtheBar 08-07-2010 07:54 AM

Drunk Russian Strength Program

1 Attachment(s)
I have exhausted linear progression. I have run LP for over 20 years, and during the course of the last 4 months have driven linear progression into the ground. Though I am making small, minor gains, my constant training at 100% is beating the crap out of me.

So for several months I knew it was time for a change - a big change. But I just didn't know what to do. So I read and read and read, and finally came up with some challenging and unique approaches that I liked.

Understand this is an experiment. And I have no idea if it will work. But here is what I'm doing:

Drunk Russian Strength Program

***I will be training Monday through Friday and have weekends off***

--Squat and Deadlift. Right now I squat and deadlift heavy every week, and it's beating the snot out of me. My new goal is to train the squat and deadlift as follows:
  1. Never use heavy squats and deads.
  2. Use speed squats and deadlifts each week.
  3. Rely heavily on good mornings for both squats and deadlifts.
  4. Use a battery of assistance lifts - front squats, zerchers, etc., to help train the big lifts.

--Chest, Back, Shoulders. One exercise each. I will train these group each day - 5 days a week. I will work up to a 5 rep set on each day based on how I feel that day. There are no set heavy or light days. Everything is based on my energy, injuries and mojo.

--Good Mornings. I will perform good mornings every day. My daily rep scheme will be: 5, 7, 9, 11, 3. On Monday I start will 5 singles, Tuesday 7, etc.

I am beginning this program at about 70% of my 1RM for good mornings (give or take). Each Friday I will add 5 pounds and reset the reps down to 3. Once I start feeling "too stressed" by the weight, I will begin micro loading each week.

--Posterior Chain. I will be training for squats and deads 5 days a week as follows:
  1. Monday - Zerchers, work up to 5 singles
  2. Tuesday - Speed Deadlifts - 8x1
  3. Wednesday - Front Squats, work up to 5 singles
  4. Thursday - Dimel Deadlifts
  5. Friday - Speed Squats 8x2

--Bonus Work. I will also have beach work each day, as follows:
  1. Monday - Barbell Curls
  2. Tuesday - Heavy Abs
  3. Wednesday - Calf Raises
  4. Thursday - Dumbbell Curls
  5. Friday - Heavy Abs

Note: I will do what I feel for bonus work each day based on energy. Max 3 sets per exercise.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/att...1&d=1281185618

Recap

So to recap I will be performing good mornings every day, adding weight weekly on Friday. I will be benching every day, doing what I can based on how I feel. And I will be training posterior chain every day.

muscle_g 08-07-2010 08:07 AM

Good luck with that lol

BendtheBar 08-07-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muscle_g (Post 74180)
Good luck with that lol

No luck needed. Only vodka.

...on to 1800 raw, or die trying.

strkout35 08-07-2010 09:02 AM

I'm very interested to see how you do on this workout. Best of luck BTB I'll be watching :)

gaspers04 08-07-2010 10:34 AM

Looks good brother! hmm, Vodka

Trevor Lane 08-07-2010 10:55 AM

Brilliant & insane... perfect!!!

andys_trim 08-07-2010 12:31 PM

Are you still training for your bodybuilding show or are you switching to power lifting?
Program looks really good.

Bodybygamma 08-07-2010 12:32 PM

BEER MUSCLES a go go

IronManlet 08-07-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Lane (Post 74200)
Brilliant & insane... perfect!!!

This ^

I hope you do really well with it, Steve!

jwood 08-07-2010 02:12 PM

Wow steve, that is an awesome looking program, sounds like something I would try. I hope this works well for you!

Hit it hard big man!