Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 07-31-2010, 05:39 PM   #11
andys_trim
Max Brawn
Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53 Points: 6,607, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift!
Fav Supp: Any I can afford.
andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

How long have you been lifting? 1 hr 45 min is way way too long. 26 sets is way too much. I would suggest
3-4 sets for deads
3-4 sets for BB rows
3-4 sets of pull ups

If you do traps with back save biceps for another day. And if you do either of those 3 sets should be just fine. You hit traps hard with heavy deads. And you should get a little pump in the biceps during back training.

More sets does not = more muscles.
Lift Heavy Ass Weight and eat like a monster.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
andys_trim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2010, 05:47 PM   #12
USMCONQUISTADOR
i umm lift heavy things?
New Brawn
Points: 511, Level: 10 Points: 511, Level: 10 Points: 511, Level: 10

USMCONQUISTADOR is new to the forumUSMCONQUISTADOR is new to the forumUSMCONQUISTADOR is new to the forum

well i been lifting 4 yrs now anot to be ignorant on what you saying but if i were to do that in all honesty id feel like i wasent gettin a workout and to eating like a monster i try but i know thats my downfall its kinda hard to get good big meals in all the time when you single and live in the barracks but im tryin at least but ill start addin pull ups to when i train weights ill just add weight to myself to challenge me...but i will agree i prly do too many sets ive heard that plenty of times but i guess ima lil slow
USMCONQUISTADOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:54 PM   #13
andys_trim
Max Brawn

andys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributorandys_trim is a dedicated contributor

If you put big weight on the bar you will be feeling it.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...tml#post103267 - Home of no compromising and busting ass day in and day out
Old 07-31-2010, 05:55 PM   #14
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

To get a good idea of what level you're at, take a look at the tools section of this site. Especially the one rep max chart and the strengh standards for men tables. You could probably lose the shrugs and some of the curls in the session you posted, otherwise pretty solid.
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:59 PM   #15
USMCONQUISTADOR
i umm lift heavy things?
New Brawn

USMCONQUISTADOR is new to the forumUSMCONQUISTADOR is new to the forumUSMCONQUISTADOR is new to the forum

o trust me i feel it i just got a bad/good? habit of hazing myself i make sure i gotta push trough everything instead of just going trough the motions

O and to trevor lane thanks for the heads up on the tools section you just prly gave me the biggest ego boost ive gotten in a LOOONG time now lets hope it dont bite me in the ass

Last edited by USMCONQUISTADOR; 07-31-2010 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:04 PM   #16
andys_trim
Max Brawn

The best advice I could give is low reps/high weight and to eat big. Muscles are made in the kitchen. Eating is just as important as the actual work out. Eat as much as you can and lift the heavy weight and you will see results.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #17
USMCONQUISTADOR
i umm lift heavy things?
New Brawn

well andy man thanks for the advise really appreciate it ima make eatin that much of a higher priority from now on
Old 07-31-2010, 06:13 PM   #18
andys_trim
Max Brawn

Sounds good, I'm pretty sure everyone here will agree that wiull help you get where you want to be faster.

Old 07-31-2010, 06:16 PM   #19
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys_trim View Post
The best advice I could give is low reps/high weight and to eat big. Muscles are made in the kitchen. Eating is just as important as the actual work out. Eat as much as you can and lift the heavy weight and you will see results.
^^ This
Trevor Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 06:25 PM   #20
USMCONQUISTADOR
i umm lift heavy things?
New Brawn

how serious do you guys take that standard strength for men chart?