Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 07-23-2010, 06:53 AM   #11
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehubbard View Post
BTB, If you think the reason your squat has stagnated because of a lack of confidence I would think these would help.
It's not really a confidence issue, though not making progress can wear you down a bit. It's a strength issue, meaning that with 470+ on my back right now I am shaky during the walkout. But moreso than that, I just can't get strength increases when working around 80%. I have been struggling with getting more reps on 405. I'm hitting the same number of reps with 405 as I was in January.

I have been training abs for the last 4 months. I just rarely log them. My staples are weighted situps and side bends.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-23-2010 at 07:14 AM.
BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2010, 08:01 AM   #12
Craig Pfisterer
I Haz a Kat
Max Brawn
Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42 Points: 4,544, Level: 42
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: ON's Pro Complex Gainer
Craig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributorCraig Pfisterer is a dedicated contributor

I'd say give them a shot. Say rotate the height you lift the bar from, say walkout, quarter squat, third squat and half squat. Work up to a tough single or so after your regular squat work sets and take like three deep breathes with it on your back while remaining tight. I think a good supplement would be some single leg work like lunges to work on keeping your abs tight with movement. Of course Eric is a much better squatter than me so I'd defer to his advice. While I do try to get advice on training, I fin just testing out something usually answers my questions better.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:04 AM   #13
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Pfisterer View Post
I'd say give them a shot. Say rotate the height you lift the bar from, say walkout, quarter squat, third squat and half squat. Work up to a tough single or so after your regular squat work sets and take like three deep breathes with it on your back while remaining tight. I think a good supplement would be some single leg work like lunges to work on keeping your abs tight with movement. Of course Eric is a much better squatter than me so I'd defer to his advice. While I do try to get advice on training, I fin just testing out something usually answers my questions better.
Well I appreciate all the feedback I can get. Sometimes it's simply trying the smallest thing that gets results.

Right now I am in the mood to but a bigger squat rack so I can do partials.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote