Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:58 PM   #11
JBlack16
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,155, Level: 28 Points: 2,155, Level: 28 Points: 2,155, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

JBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributor

Since we are on this topic, what do you guys think of the Body Solid Powerline Power Rack #PPR200X and the Body Solid Flat Incline Decline Bench #GFID31. The only problem is what can one do for core exercises. I really need to get my core back into shape since I have been neglecting it.

Amazon.com: Body-Solid® Bench (GFID31): Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com: PowerLine PPR200X Power Rack: Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com: PowerLine PPR200X Power Rack: Sports & Outdoors
JBlack16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #12
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlack16 View Post
Since we are on this topic, what do you guys think of the Body Solid Powerline Power Rack #PPR200X and the Body Solid Flat Incline Decline Bench #GFID31. The only problem is what can one do for core exercises. I really need to get my core back into shape since I have been neglecting it.

Amazon.com: Body-Solid® Bench (GFID31): Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com: PowerLine PPR200X Power Rack: Sports & Outdoors
never tried seen a powerline in action, personally though id buy the NY barbell stuff since we know they hold up, cause BTB did that vid of him squatting 500 in it.

as for core exercises theres plenty you can do, for super strong abs try weighted incline sit ups. or try planks for the inner core. or of course deadlifting and squating. You have to have a strong core to squat 500ibs or deadlift that much
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:21 PM   #13
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

Body Solid is awesome stuff, cannot go wrong with the quality of a body solid peice.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #14
Bigdog
Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11

Bigdog is off to a bad start

I modified my exisiting power rack to handle alot more. When I get enough extra money together I will build my own version of what I think a power rack should be. heavy duty and built to last.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:37 PM   #15
Bigdog
Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11

Bigdog is off to a bad start

I was at Gold's Gym several years ago and had 515 on the squat bar and when I was done with my set I was racking the bar and lost my balance so I racked the bar with force to get rid of it. The vertical uprights in the rear of the power rack got bent a little. It used 3" square 11 gauge tubing.
Thats is what we refer to as shock factor. Just because a power rack may be capable of holding 1000# does not mean it can be rated at 1000#. On my home made rack I am using 3" square tubing with .250 wall thickness. It is virtually unbreakable.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:55 PM   #16
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdog View Post
I was at Gold's Gym several years ago and had 515 on the squat bar and when I was done with my set I was racking the bar and lost my balance so I racked the bar with force to get rid of it. The vertical uprights in the rear of the power rack got bent a little. It used 3" square 11 gauge tubing.
Thats is what we refer to as shock factor. Just because a power rack may be capable of holding 1000# does not mean it can be rated at 1000#. On my home made rack I am using 3" square tubing with .250 wall thickness. It is virtually unbreakable.
Nice work.

Yes I personaly would invest in Body Solid or Tuff Stuff. Not sure if Hammer Strength makes home stuff but Life Fit is made by H.S., For a home gym most defonitly something of this quality with heavey weights for the safty. In the long run worth every penny. I started out with Sear stuff back in the day and they don't honor the worratie when they find out you use it more than 3 hours a week.

Last edited by Rich Knapp; 07-07-2010 at 11:58 PM.
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 12:39 AM   #17
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

thanks guys
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether it’s lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. He’s slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #18
BrutusPlac
BRUTUSPLAC
Points: 113, Level: 2 Points: 113, Level: 2 Points: 113, Level: 2

BrutusPlac is new to the forumBrutusPlac is new to the forum
Lightbulb my home gym

Over the years i have had many others laugh at my WOOD RACK . june / july 1985)
In the last few years of D.I.Y postins all over the internet

i never had a problem with mine . I've had 600lb +/-
doing 1/4 squats and 1/2 's

i never spent big bucks on equipment. i wanted a house , family and such .

THis anyone can make and beat on it , TILL yuo save up for METAL RACK

here is terrible drawing, but you get the idea .

ok. im pumped
time to go use my steel log and yes that's a home made 170 lb +/- sheild

peaceeeeeeeeeee
BrutusPlac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #19
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusPlac View Post
Over the years i have had many others laugh at my WOOD RACK . june / july 1985)
In the last few years of D.I.Y postins all over the internet

i never had a problem with mine . I've had 600lb +/-
doing 1/4 squats and 1/2 's

i never spent big bucks on equipment. i wanted a house , family and such .

THis anyone can make and beat on it , TILL yuo save up for METAL RACK

here is terrible drawing, but you get the idea .

ok. im pumped
time to go use my steel log and yes that's a home made 170 lb +/- sheild

peaceeeeeeeeeee
dude where did u get all the weights from thats like a gym's selection
badass[bad-ass] adj. - the epitome of the American male. He radiates confidence in everything he does, whether it’s lifting weights, ordering a drink, playing a sport, buying a car, or dealing with women. He’s slow to anger, yet brutally efficient when fighting back.
The badass carves his own path. He wears, drives, drinks, watches, and listens to what he chooses, when he chooses, where he chooses. Badass style is understated but instantly recognizable.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 01:23 PM   #20
Rich Knapp
Wheelchair Pro
Max Brawn
Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97 Points: 27,020, Level: 97
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: > 13 years
Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: AAEFX's whole line.
Rich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master memberRich Knapp is a master member

Get the feeling the tires are your safty spotters?
Rich Knapp is offline   Reply With Quote