Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Lifting Music (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3463)

IronManlet 06-04-2010 09:46 AM

Lifting Music

Post your favorite bands/songs here!

(Music is a big part of powerlifting, so I think this is the right section? lol)

For me: (bands)
Rammstein
Rage Against the Machine
Misfits
Eluveitie
Falkenbach
CDC
Dead by Wednesday
I shot the Sherriff
Liferuiner
Repercussion
Sworn Vengeance
Years Spent Cold
Amon Amarth

That's all I could come up with off the top of my head. :p

Fire36 06-04-2010 09:52 AM

Right now I have a mix of stuff, Stricken, POD, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Sixx AM, Trapt,

BendtheBar 06-04-2010 10:13 AM

I'm all about Testamant, old Metallica, Slayer and SOD.

ricka182 06-04-2010 10:26 AM

The only thing I hear is everything around me... one of very few lifters, who do not use any music. I concentrate on my lifts, and nothing else. Besides, I'm too cheap to buy an MP3 player...

JBIGS 06-04-2010 10:31 AM

You know...I find this weird but I am a musician (I sing and play the piano) and when I lift, I can't listen to music. I have to tune it out when I am lifting. I mean it can be in the background but there isn't a particular song or artist that has to be playing when I lift. To get me pumped up for the gym though, I usually play "The Beast" by Tech N9ne or some Linkin Park

cooltom 06-04-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire36 (Post 61118)
Right now I have a mix of stuff, Stricken, POD, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Motley Crue, Iron Maiden, Ozzy, Sixx AM, Trapt,

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 61121)
I'm all about Testamant, old Metallica, Slayer and SOD.

YouTube - S.O.D. - March of the S.O.D./Sargent "D" & the S.O.D.

Nice soundtracks guys!

I've had Slayer in my ipod forever. Same with black metal bands Ulver, Gorgoroth, Dimmu Borgir, Emperor, and other death metal like In Flames and At the Gates.

Other notables: American Nightmare/Give Up the Ghost, All Out War, American Me, Liferuiner, Suffer the Living, Parkway Drive

big_swede 06-04-2010 12:38 PM

Good stuff there guys!

For me;
Motörhead
Rammastein
Saxon
Metallica
Pantera
..everything hard and fast, also techno

onetiredkris 06-04-2010 12:44 PM

big valsalva 06-04-2010 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBIGS (Post 61125)
You know...I find this weird but I am a musician (I sing and play the piano) and when I lift, I can't listen to music. I have to tune it out when I am lifting. I mean it can be in the background but there isn't a particular song or artist that has to be playing when I lift. To get me pumped up for the gym though, I usually play "The Beast" by Tech N9ne or some Linkin Park

I'm with you. I don't know how some of those cats do that with their MP3's and all. I don't mind the music on in the gym. I can tune it out or listen to it as need be. My favorite music (horn driven funk/soul and contemporary big band) isn't condusive to smashing weights. I will say this though. For my money, you can't beat old school Rush when it comes to lifting music. The Spirit of Radio or Tom Sawyer, etc.

cooltom 06-04-2010 05:50 PM

A big part of the mp3 player for me is that I detest much of the music played in gyms. Most top 40, pop, r&b, I just don't like it. I have to listen to that **** all day at work and then in the gym too--no way.

I must admit that I've forgotten my mp3 player on many occasions and I did just fine without it. I also can hardly remember what songs I listened to today. But, it enhances the atmosphere I desire to lift in, helps me tune out all the bull**** around me, and simply makes it easier for me to reach the desired level of intensity for moving maximum weights.