Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Doing my first Strongman Competition this coming Saturday the 22nd... (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3323)

Marc 05-19-2010 07:56 PM

Doing my first Strongman Competition this coming Saturday the 22nd...

THought my competition was 6 weeks out still. Just was informed that the competition is THIS coming Saturday the 22nd! I was stressing hard all the way through my training today. When I left the gym I called the Lady that is running the competition and got the details.... I dont know what to make of this:

Farmers walk- 2, 45 pound plates in each hand with a handle 40 yards down and back for time.

Truck Pull- It's a sled, and you pull your body weight for 40 yards.. Seems a little dumb.

Tire flip- The tire is just above my waist, literally half of what I train with, as many flips as you can get in one minute..

And then there is a medecine ball throw... Would have rather seen a deadlift or log press but oh well I guess.

I am kind of dissapointed as I train with twice this much weight at least in literally everything, but I guess it will all be for speed, and it is my first competition so maybe I need to have a more open mind.. I checked out the pulling harnes and it resembles a cheap OSHA harness.. :y: I guess you get a rope too with the sled... Im going to ask if I can bring one of the apt ones from the gym I train at.

Any and all advice is appreciated, Hopefully I can do well because I dont think that anyone else other than the guys at our gym train events at all, so it'll probably be a bunch of bench and curl queens.

kman025 05-19-2010 08:05 PM

is it an official comp?

anyway, seems you should own the competition... good luck man

Marc 05-19-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 57611)
is it an official comp?

anyway, seems you should own the competition... good luck man

Its a local comercial healthclub sponsoring it, it is a fundraiser for breast cancer from what I understand.

Trevor Lane 05-19-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc (Post 57617)
Its a local comercial healthclub sponsoring it, it is a fundraiser for breast cancer from what I understand.

Do well, save some tatas and have fun.

Marc 05-19-2010 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Lane (Post 57621)
Do well, save some tatas and have fun.

Thats right, I am flipping the tire to save those boobies we all love so much! Good way to look at it mate!

jslep 05-19-2010 11:56 PM

good luck mark! hopefully there is atleast a trophy involved for ya!!

Marc 05-20-2010 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jslep (Post 57682)
good luck mark! hopefully there is atleast a trophy involved for ya!!

That would be nice I guess, they are only giving out first place prize in both age groups. 16-30 and 30+ Im confident I will do well but In my mind my main competition is myself right now. You never know who could show up and mutilate me. Im keeping an open mind with this being my first ever competition of it's kind but I am getting pumped and will do everything in my power to stomp this out.

Bodybygamma 05-20-2010 01:56 AM

Rest up, stay motivated. Is this a NAS competition?

Trevor Lane 05-20-2010 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodybygamma (Post 57690)
Rest up, stay motivated. Is this a NAS competition?

He said it's for charity, sponsored by a fitness/health club.

big valsalva 05-21-2010 12:00 AM

Good luck, Marc. Have fun with it.