Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 05-19-2010, 01:47 PM   #21
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30 Points: 2,463, Level: 30
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Max View Post
Did you happen to find out cost?
I couldnt yet, been very busy this week. I will get an estimate this week though for you.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #22
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Marc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributorMarc is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickB View Post
Great craftsmanship there Marc!!! Very nice!!!
Thank you sir!
Old 05-19-2010, 09:07 PM   #23
JBlack16
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,155, Level: 28 Points: 2,155, Level: 28 Points: 2,155, Level: 28

JBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributor

Way sweet Marc!
JBlack16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 09:16 PM   #24
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBlack16 View Post
Way sweet Marc!
Thank you
Old 05-19-2010, 11:51 PM   #25
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

finished up my sled a little bit ago. took about 2 hrs and 75 bucks total. thanks for the great idea marc!!

some things i did different may only be that i didn't bolt my handle to the chain. i put clasp hooks on it with a bull ring on the handle for quick change in case i want to use different handles or i was thinkin if a harness so you could turn around and run without having to have your arms involved in the drag. also i wasn't able to get the exact set of parts marc did so if you intend to build one of these be prepared to have to invent some on your own. i couldn't find those floor collars but made due with some other stuff.

once again thanks for the great idea marc!!

oh yeah and i made mine black cause black is always cool and rugged.
Attached Thumbnails
006.jpg   005.jpg   007.jpg   004.jpg  
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:00 AM   #26
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

That looks awesome! Your idea with the chain is an improvement for sure. THing I noticed however after builting my T handle is that Dicks sporting goods sells the actual handle attatchments for the same price if not a little less as buying the parts to make your own! At least this way you can say you truly made everything home made though, thats kind of the part I like about these sleds. How does it work?
Old 05-20-2010, 02:04 AM   #27
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMA Max View Post
Did you happen to find out cost?
I got to thinking, I could duplicate my sled and do everything other than assembly and send you all of the cut peices and parts and screws needed, then it would be much more compact and a lot cheaper on shipping if you are up for that route...
Old 05-20-2010, 09:51 AM   #28
jslep
Max Brawn
Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68 Points: 10,539, Level: 68
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 15 years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: bench and moar bench
Fav Supp: red meat
jslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beastjslep is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc View Post
That looks awesome! Your idea with the chain is an improvement for sure. THing I noticed however after builting my T handle is that Dicks sporting goods sells the actual handle attatchments for the same price if not a little less as buying the parts to make your own! At least this way you can say you truly made everything home made though, thats kind of the part I like about these sleds. How does it work?
the thing works awesome!! i am doing a little personal training for two of my neighbors (for free of course) and wanted to get this thing together to make them drag it around to get in shape. gonna do some transformation work with them.to!!

i actually bought enuff material to do two of them and cut a bunch of the parts for the other one last night but just didn't put it together. maybe today?
jslep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:54 AM   #29
Marc
[][]----------[][]
Uber Brawn

Yea they dont work too bad do they! Get the neighbors lined up side by side for some sled drags now that you will have two! I am really glad that you liked the design enough to make your own, and that you like how it works etc. One thing that I want to do with mine is make the metal runner plates longer so they extend up the slanted front ends of the rails to better slide over cracks etc. Havent had any real issues yet but I have only tested it in the driveway.

Last edited by Marc; 05-21-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #30
BrutusPlac
BRUTUSPLAC
Points: 113, Level: 2 Points: 113, Level: 2 Points: 113, Level: 2
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

BrutusPlac is new to the forumBrutusPlac is new to the forum

Great Job .
I built my BRUTAL-EYZER last summer.
You can easily make this

push , pull , sprint. i beat on it

and i love my 105 foot - 1-1/2" manila rope