Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Band Help (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3031)

kman025 04-24-2010 07:17 PM

Band Help (as in lifting bads for deadlift)

today i did deadlifts with monster mins(my feet through them).

i really liked it, nice way to mix it up.

i only worked up to 315 + bands, just as a starting point.

i was thinking of working these hard for a while and then going to straight wieght again after maybe a 4-6 weeks. good idea or not? would it **** up my DL off the floor?

would i be better off rotating it, one week straight weight, one week bands?

kman025 04-24-2010 09:10 PM

bump

big valsalva 04-24-2010 09:11 PM

Oops. I thought this was a music question. Sorry.

Grim83 04-24-2010 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 50958)
today i did deadlifts with monster mins(my feet through them).

i really liked it, nice way to mix it up.

i only worked up to 315 + bands, just as a starting point.

i was thinking of working these hard for a while and then going to straight wieght again after maybe a 4-6 weeks. good idea or not? would it **** up my DL off the floor?

would i be better off rotating it, one week straight weight, one week bands?

im no expert about band work ;), but if i had to guess id say go with the weekly rotation, look at westside, and maybe go a little lighter and work on speed

kman025 04-24-2010 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big valsalva (Post 50992)
Oops. I thought this was a music question. Sorry.

lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim83 (Post 50993)
im no expert about band work ;), but if i had to guess id say go with the weekly rotation, look at westside, and maybe go a little lighter and work on speed

thanks for your post man

Grim83 04-24-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 50998)
lol

thanks for your post man

no problem bro. try hitting up Jwood he knows more about it, but i would use them for speed work personally. its been helpful for me

kman025 04-24-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim83 (Post 51005)
no problem bro. try hitting up Jwood he knows more about it, but i would use them for speed work personally. its been helpful for me

i'm just trying to mix up my max DL days

jwood 04-24-2010 10:15 PM

i would use them for speed or heavy work, it is up to you really. If you are looking to switch stuff up, you can use them on your max effort days, I have done this before. You should get used to them first by using them on a few light days.

I think the rotation of one week on, one week off would work great, or you could do it like they do at westside, and have a speed day specifically for your deadlift. Since you are doing chaos and pain you could add in some speed stuff on your light days.

A note from my experience, I took about a month off from deadlifting and focused on power cleans and other explosive type moves and the next time I deadlifted I hit a PR, just something to think about.

Grim83 04-24-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 51026)
i would use them for speed or heavy work, it is up to you really. If you are looking to switch stuff up, you can use them on your max effort days, I have done this before. You should get used to them first by using them on a few light days.

I think the rotation of one week on, one week off would work great, or you could do it like they do at westside, and have a speed day specifically for your deadlift. Since you are doing chaos and pain you could add in some speed stuff on your light days.

A note from my experience, I took about a month off from deadlifting and focused on power cleans and other explosive type moves and the next time I deadlifted I hit a PR, just something to think about.

i saw the same thing, when i started doing power cleans again (and excluding deadlifts) my deadlift numbers go up

kman025 04-24-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 51026)

alright- for the next two months i think i'll do

week 1- max effort band DL
week 2- max effort working up to a heavy single, double, or triple,
week 3- same as 1
week 4- same as 2
ect.
ect.
ect.
ect.