Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Chaos pain ?? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2891)

buZZkiLL 04-15-2010 09:14 AM

Chaos pain ??

When should I consider doing the chaos/pain training style? How strong do i need to get first? I am also wondering if Jamie Lewis is a natural powerlifter?

Trevor Lane 04-15-2010 09:43 AM

You can probably start using the C&P template immediately. I don't believe Jamie uses gear, but he does promote test boosters and stimulants...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jKrQrrAH3X...od+pyramid.jpg

BendtheBar 04-15-2010 09:47 AM

Anyone know Jamie's current height and weight? Just curious how big he is now. I saw in his blog that he gained 10 pounds last December while leaning out.

cooltom 04-15-2010 10:03 AM

A few blogs ago, he said he has his weight up to about 200 pounds. The guy is a monster. From the pics he posted, his upper body appears to have really filled out.

cooltom 04-15-2010 10:06 AM

By the way, to the OP, I think there is a C&P newbie routine in the interview with Jamie, that is posted on this site.

I'm guessing you're new to training in general? If that's the case, follow the newbie routine, which I believe is similar to a beginner's full-body routine, work on your general physical preparedness, and prime your body to work hard.

BendtheBar 04-15-2010 10:08 AM

I just read that post and missed his weight. Sleep reading, I am...

Quote:

Over the years, Iíve tried virtually every kind of training under the sun, and adhered mostly to bodypart training routines for the first 7 years or so of my 15 years of training. Thereafter, I started experimenting more with full body and push-pull style routines, and started gaining more muscle and shedding more fat. Things really took off for me when I lived in Austria in 2007, where I started using a couple of Waterbury routines and adhering to Ray Audetteís Neanderthin blended with the cheat window philosophy of Warren Willey. Using that, I got incredibly lean and tremendously strong for my weight, to the point where I was front squatting 440 at a bodyweight of around 170. Three years later, utilizing the lessons Iíve learned thereafter, Iím a lean 195-200,
I don't know his height though.

Trevor Lane 04-15-2010 10:08 AM

If you're an absolute weight traning noob, you might want to try this first:

"...letís say a beginner was brave/stupid enough to ask you to train them, what would you have them do, and what tips would you give them?

Jamie: How raw a beginner?

MG: Fresh out the womb.

Jamie: Interesting. I donít think Iíve ever trained a raw beginner. I would have them train front squats, standing overhead presses, and deadlifts three times a week, and then pullups, dips, and abs two other days a week. Iíd keep the volume fairly low, especially at first, and have them focus on learning the movements.

After about a month, weíd take the training wheels off and start loading them up, but keep the routine the same."

fomr the interview here at MAB: Interview with Chaos and Pain, Jamie Lewis

glwanabe 04-15-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 48272)
Anyone know Jamie's current height and weight? Just curious how big he is now. I saw in his blog that he gained 10 pounds last December while leaning out.

How the hell do you gain 10lbs while leaning out? I know the answer I want to say, but I will leave it at that.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for hard work, and having a kickazz attitude. However I'm also about being honest with your audience. There are a lot of young lifters who seem enamored with C/P, and if he is using the supps I believe he is, then he is not being honest with his audience.

You can train naturally, you can train using the supps of your choice, I don't care one way or the other. What I do care about, is being honest about what your doing. Especially if your pushing said program to the uninformed.

Grim83 04-15-2010 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buZZkiLL (Post 48269)
When should I consider doing the chaos/pain training style? How strong do i need to get first? I am also wondering if Jamie Lewis is a natural powerlifter?

you can start now, C&P is opensource allowing the user to make it fit his body. as far as his natural status, i know he used to be, but due to recent changes im not certain, he is a really sincere guy, and if he says he is i am inclined to believe him, science be damned

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Lane (Post 48271)
You can probably start using the C&P template immediately. I don't believe Jamie uses gear, but he does promote test boosters and stimulants...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jKrQrrAH3X...od+pyramid.jpg

this is fine, but i liked his original a bit better

Grim83 04-15-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevor Lane (Post 48279)
If you're an absolute weight traning noob, you might want to try this first:

"...letís say a beginner was brave/stupid enough to ask you to train them, what would you have them do, and what tips would you give them?

Jamie: How raw a beginner?

MG: Fresh out the womb.

Jamie: Interesting. I donít think Iíve ever trained a raw beginner. I would have them train front squats, standing overhead presses, and deadlifts three times a week, and then pullups, dips, and abs two other days a week. Iíd keep the volume fairly low, especially at first, and have them focus on learning the movements.

After about a month, weíd take the training wheels off and start loading them up, but keep the routine the same."

fomr the interview here at MAB: Interview with Chaos and Pain, Jamie Lewis

haha that was my interview with him lol