Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 03-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #1
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor
Default My routine is exciting

ow i hope this isnt lame i know i sure like it. critique all you like.

Guys I’m still soaking up info on everything I read but I have to say if any routine is going to bring the pain and bring the results I think my version of the reg park beginner routine will do this. If you like it of course you can try it or stickie it whatever lol. It may not be that good but it seems pretty cool to me. Of course the original reg park is great I just made a little different to kick in my muscle memory really quick.

ORIGINAL REG PARK
WORKOUT A
Back Squats-5X5
Chin ups or pull ups-5X5…………………….MY ROUTINE WILL BE DOING BOTH
Dips or Bench Press-5X5………………………BENCH PRESS
Wrist Work-2X10…………………..WRIST CURLS
Calves-2X15-20…………………….LEG PRESS

WORKOUT B

Front Squats-5X5………………………………BACK SQUATS
Rows-5X5
Standing Press- 5X5
Deadlifts-3X5(2 warm up sets 1 stabilizer)
Wrist Work-2X10………………….WRIST CURLS
Calves-2X15-20 …………………………LEG PRESS

Week 1: A,B,A
Week 2: B,A,B
Week 3: A,B,A
Week 4: B,A,B

OKAY NOW MY PLANS. The Back squats will be as shown but once a week will be turned into a 20 rep squat with 85% of my 1 rep max. Deadlift will also be turned into a 20 rep deadlift once a week. THE 20 REPS WILL BE DONE AT THE END OF THE WORKOUT ON WEDNESDAY THE THE 20 REP DEADLIFT WILL BE DONE AT THE END OF MY WORKOUT AND THE 20 REP SQUAT WILL BE DONE FRIDAY AT THE END OF MY WORKOUT.THIS MAY CHANGE CAUSE SOME WEEKS DEADLIFT WILL ONLY BE DONE ONCE AND I WILL MAKE THAT A 20 REP DEADLIFT DAY. I PLAN ON WRITING OUT A WHOLE PROGRAM REALLY SOON. Sorry for caps im kind of excited. Now im not even close to done with this the official workout for sure will be posted in my log when I start it. What I posted here is for sure exact but I will do some changing up to fit my needs.

SO IT WILL LOOK SOMETHING LIKE
Back squats-5x5
Back squats-5x5
Back squats-1x20
SAME WILL GO FOR DEADLIFTS . WILL BE ON DIFFERENT DAYS THOUGH UNLESS I DECIDE TO DEMOLISH MY LEGS.

P.S. sorry such a long post

IM GOIN TO BED ILL CHECK REPLIES TOMORROW

Last edited by CoopDawg; 04-06-2010 at 02:46 PM.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 06:43 AM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Just make sure you have decent form on deadlifts before venturing into 20 rep territory. Have you performed deadlifts before?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #3
DieselWeasel
Elite Raw Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54 Points: 6,832, Level: 54
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Whey Powder
DieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beastDieselWeasel is a lifting beast

20-rep squats with 85% of your 1RM?? Wow.

RPS - Open 165 Raw - 07.13.13
1365 Elite/Pro Total (475,300,590)
DieselWeasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:38 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselWeasel View Post
20-rep squats with 85% of your 1RM?? Wow.
Exactly.

I've seen that recommendation on some websites and it's ...well...insane.

Start with 50% of your 1RM, and if you don't die, move up in weight.

Old 03-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #5
JBlack16
Uber Brawn
Points: 2,155, Level: 28 Points: 2,155, Level: 28 Points: 2,155, Level: 28
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

JBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributorJBlack16 is a consistent contributor

Looks like a good and simple routine! I'm on this routine here since October and is very effective! http://muscleandbrawn.com/your-first...fting-routine/

Last edited by JBlack16; 03-30-2010 at 12:55 PM.
JBlack16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:39 PM   #6
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

There's a few things that are wrong with your plan. Those have been pointed out already. Read this, and then come back and ask questions.

http://muscleandbrawn.com/beginners-...-free-trainee/

You would be far better off sticking to the program as BTB said to do it, or as I posted. If worked properly, the program as I proposed is a lot of hard work.

Your program may seem exciting to, but your biting off more than you can chew, without choking. I'm all for hard work, but you have to be able to do the program to get any benefit from it.

It's pretty obvious that you have never done a 20 rep set of squats or deads. If you had, you would not say your going to do them at above 80% of 1 rep max, and definately not at the end of your workout.

I have to be honest with you, because you said to be honest. When I read what you were proposing, well.....

Why don't you stick with this plan for awhile, and see how it goes.

Back Squats 5Χ5
Rows 5x5
Bench Press 5Χ5
BB curls 3x8-10
Calves 2Χ15-20
Dips 5x

WORKOUT B

Front Squats 5Χ5
Deadlifts 3Χ5 (2 warm-up sets and 1 “stabilizer set”)
Standing Press 5Χ5
CGBP 3x8-10
Chins 5x
Hvy Abs

Last edited by BendtheBar; 03-30-2010 at 01:46 PM.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #7
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Yeah, for the record Coop, many sites state 20 reps with that percentage, but I'm hard pressed to do a 20 rep set at 60%.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #8
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Yeah, for the record Coop, many sites state 20 reps with that percentage, but I'm hard pressed to do a 20 rep set at 60%.
First off thanks to every one for the honesty. I have never done 20 rep squats before as someone said....but I have dont 2 sets of 20 rep deads with 55% of my max. See deadlift was some reason a natural movement for me (Now this may seem like im lying to you guys cause it surprised the hell outta me. The first time I did a deadlift was a year ago and I was able to work up to a 285 max the first day. Now for the big dogs who can do 600 but for a guy who was 119 pounds at the time its pretty awesome. Im 150 pounds at the moment by the way . Gl and BTB you guys are the experts so I will stick with the basie reg park or either the routine GL asked me to try now im gonna go read the article gl requested i read.
Old 03-30-2010, 02:12 PM   #9
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Man i thought i had it figured out lol
Old 03-30-2010, 02:13 PM   #10
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

That sounds like a good plan Coop.

BTW, I'm by no means an expert. There are far wiser people than myself. I like to keep things as basic as possible, and not overthink a situation, unless it really requires it.

Thats one of the things I love about classic style barbell sports. Keep it simple, and lift. Besides that, it works because it is so simple.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote