Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Bulking foods during school (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2655)

CoopDawg 03-24-2010 06:51 PM

Bulking foods during school

My school has always been very bad about people fighting. We always had 3 breaks well this year my senior year they cut it to 1 break which is lunch to stop most of the fighting. I get 15 minutes off at lunch. Everyday I eat 3 packs of salted peanuts at lunch 220 calories each. And 2 more packs during the day. I have heard thats hersheys choclate candy bars with almonds are good for gaining weight on quick budget. I can eat alot of these a day.
What are some good foods i can pick up in the mornings before school to help my tied up school day.

kman025 03-24-2010 06:52 PM

protein bars lol.....

CoopDawg 03-24-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman025 (Post 40533)
protein bars lol.....

I already do. Just lookin for more calories.
Thanks for replying so fast

BendtheBar 03-24-2010 07:04 PM

Almonds are rock solid. These bars are 400 calories a pop:

Big 100 Colossal Brownie Bars - 30g of Metamyosyn Protein Per Bar - On Sale Now! | Muscle & Strength

Dark chocolate is relatively healthy and calorie dense.

jwood 03-24-2010 07:07 PM

I would say almonds, and maybe just make a few peanut butter sandwiches and eat them during class. I definitely used to do this during high school. Protein bars definitely.

Or you could always make chicken shakes like Derek Poundstone:
Check out around 4:15, he is going over his nutrition and shows you how he makes a chicken shake

Mombow111 03-24-2010 07:08 PM

Just throwing some ideas out there:

Weight gainers, their cheap, just put them in a aluminum water bottle or something so you don't get odd stares. If your school sells whole milk, that's always good. Brownies, cookies (hell, for varieties sake). Bagel with peanut butter. Pop Tarts, basically any sort of junk food or desert cake (just try to avoid hydrogenated vegetable oil). Putting oils/cream/honey into your protein shakes. Uh, cheese/cheesecake (just throwwing that out there, dunno how'd you'd get it to school though). Fastfood, idk about the quality of cafeteria food but they should have some calorie dense options if my memory serves me correctly. There are also a couple of recipes for protien bars you can find online- normally they add penut butter and oatmeal, plus you can save money and that's always a plus. Soda? (these all depend on how your body processes certain sorts of nutrition) Besides for that, don't worry too much, just make sure you get a good breakfast, and a decent lunch and you'll be good until you get home for your after school snack.

Mombow111 03-24-2010 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 40545)
I would say almonds, and maybe just make a few peanut butter sandwiches and eat them during class. I definitely used to do this during high school. Protein bars definitely.

Or you could always make chicken shakes like Derek Poundstone:
Check out around 4:15, he is going over his nutrition and shows you how he makes a chicken shake

That is so fing beast...

CoopDawg 03-24-2010 07:15 PM

thanks guys

BigFiveFive 03-24-2010 07:26 PM

**** come over here to Illinois and attend Blackburn College, you can eat all the pizza, cheeseburgers and pasta you want, plenty of calories!

The food at my school is terrible man, im trying to cut down and compete in July, its not easy when thats all you have to eat lol.

CoopDawg 03-24-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFiveFive (Post 40557)
**** come over here to Illinois and attend Blackburn College, you can eat all the pizza, cheeseburgers and pasta you want, plenty of calories!

The food at my school is terrible man, im trying to cut down and compete in July, its not easy when thats all you have to eat lol.

haha i hear ya bro