Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
MMA Max
Max Brawn
Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43 Points: 4,743, Level: 43
Activity: 22% Activity: 22% Activity: 22%

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor
Default Don't Know Where to put this cause there is no fighting forum so here it goes

I am at a cross roads right now and I have to make a choice so I thought I would come here. I need to plan out my next attack on my body and I was wondering if anyone can help. I was currently thinking of going this route

Monday - MMA/Ground Fighting and everything that goes along with it

Tuesday - Chest/Biceps/Forearms

Wednesday - MMA/Ground Fighting and everything that goes along with it/ Legs/Calves/Abs

Thursday - Shoulders/Traps/Triceps

Friday - Back and Fight Cardio/Abs

Does this seem like a good split or should I go with

Monday - MMA/Ground Fighting in the AM, Then at Night Chest/Biceps/Forearms

Tuesday - Fight Cardio/Abs

Wednesday- MMA/Ground Fighting in the AM / Legs/Calves

Friday - Back/Abs

" Deutscher Stolz weltweit "

Violence. It may not be the answer, But it sure cuts down on the questions!

MMA Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2010, 05:41 PM   #2
MMA Max
Max Brawn

MMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributorMMA Max is a dedicated contributor

After rethinking it The first split would be from now on

Monday - MMA/Ground Fighting and everything that goes along with it
I.E - Tire Flips, Truck pushing, Sparring, Jumping , Leaping, All that b.s

Tuesday - Chest/Biceps/Forearms

Wednesday - MMA/Ground Fighting and everything that goes along with it/ Legs/Calves/Abs

Friday - Back

Saturday - Fight Cardio

I.E - Heavy bag work, Shadow boxing, Jump Rope, Sprawl Push Ups, Sit Ups all that junk lol

Sunday - Completely Off with lots of Protein Carbs, Soaking in a hot tube with my girl friend and Summer BBq's!

Old 03-20-2010, 06:23 PM   #3
Mombow111
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good posts

Wow, that's fing intense man- I want to throw more fighting into my routine (I have the option of going to my campuses Jiu Jitsu Club 3 times a weak but how often I attend normally depends on how keen I'm feeling on the prospect of getting my ass handed to me - so not very).

Some thoughts I have are you might consider a full body workout twice weekly- so your not hitting any of your muscles to hard at one time (especially as after ground fighting). You can add more interval training or cardio to fill up to extra time you get from using such a strategy

Clean and Jerk is a very good compound lift in addition to squat + DL (and the variation, "The Bear"), they'll get your heart pumping and should increase your endurance if you do them tough enough.

Tabata is grueling but you might want to give it a shot once a week; Take a basic workout, preferable a compound lift that you can set up + drop really quick, or even sprinting- anyway take that exercise - try to find a weight that you can do 8 reps comfortably in 20 seconds, drop the weight for 10, pick it up and repeat until you make it to 4 minutes. I don't know the science behind it but it hurts like ****.

The thing that you should take most into account is that with your ground fighting sessions, are you sore/strained afterwards and where? It might be to your benefit say if your shoulders, or arms take a beating from grappling to avoid arms until later in the week (friday or saturday)
Mombow111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:00 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

You have your 4 lifting days setup in a good rotation. I might even suggest going to a push/pull/legs if this is too much for you, but I doubt it will be. You seemed pretty acclimated to training like this and in great shape.

What kind of muscle soreness are you getting from lifting, and do you ever feel drained in general?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:49 PM   #5
Mombow111
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22 Points: 1,550, Level: 22
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Mombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good postsMombow111 has made some good posts

Oh, mind if I ask you what you find good for core work for fight? Any drills/exercises in specific?
Mombow111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 05:35 PM   #6
MMA Max
Max Brawn

@ Bend The Bar - actually today doing Shoulders/Traps/Triceps I felt alittle sluggish but nothing much, I am only getting the good muscle soreness.

@ MOMBOW - I train hard really hard but a few work out's I find work my core hard for me is your good old fashion Sit Up, Weighted Side Bends, DEAD Lifts, Speed Crunches, Squats and of coarse the AB Roll Wheel is pretty damn awesome