Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 03-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
CoopDawg
Max Brawn
Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71 Points: 11,819, Level: 71
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: AAEFX K-OTIC
CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor
Default arnold and reg park help please

The Real Arnold Schwarzenegger Beginner Programs This link leads to a page i would like the experts to look at which mean you BTB and all the others. Please and thankyou. This page has a couple workouts on it i want to do the 5x5 beginner routine on the 3 day split....but if you guys think another routine thats reg park wouls work better i will try it out. I mean different bodies react different which works great for someone but maybe not so great for me. But i believe with good hard work any basic routine can work thats why im askin is the beginner routine on here a good idea.
CoopDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
The Real Arnold Schwarzenegger Beginner Programs This link leads to a page i would like the experts to look at which mean you BTB and all the others. Please and thankyou. This page has a couple workouts on it i want to do the 5x5 beginner routine on the 3 day split....but if you guys think another routine thats reg park wouls work better i will try it out. I mean different bodies react different which works great for someone but maybe not so great for me. But i believe with good hard work any basic routine can work thats why im askin is the beginner routine on here a good idea.
i say go for it, the reg park type routines are good, just make sure to focus on getting stronger, and eat
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

CoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributorCoopDawg is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
i say go for it, the reg park type routines are good, just make sure to focus on getting stronger, and eat
i appreciate the help and words of advice thanks
Old 03-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Just to make sure we're on the same sheet of music, I'm going to post the routine.

Workout A

Back Squats 5×5
Chin-Ups or Pull-Ups 5×5
Dips or Bench Press 5×5
Wrist Work (Grip Work) 2×10
Calves 2×15-20

Workout B

Front Squats 5×5
Rows 5×5
Standing Press 5×5
Deadlifts 3×5 (2 warm-up sets and 1 “stabilizer set”)
Wrist Work 2×10
Calves 2×15-20

Week 1: A, B, A
Week 2: B, A, B
Week 3: A, B, etc

I like this routine. It is basic and effective. I wouldn't recommend another routine simply because fullbody work requires adaptation. The old timers knew what they were doing when planning routines like this. Starting with this is a good choice.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:35 AM   #5
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

looks a like good plan to me. i say try it out, but you have to give it a few weeks to get used to it....

dont start it and then stop just cause you don't like it right off... i have learned that some plans work great from the start and others dont work at all, and then there are the ones that just kinda grow on you... you know what i mean.. i guess im saying what ever you decide to do, give it a fair shake from the start...

you will do fine, now go SFW
Old 03-15-2010, 09:28 AM   #6
buZZkiLL
NOOB
Brawn
Points: 1,007, Level: 17 Points: 1,007, Level: 17 Points: 1,007, Level: 17

buZZkiLL is new to the forumbuZZkiLL is new to the forum

It's always a good idea to find a routine that you plan on usinf for a while. The Park routine is solid because you can make minor changes along the way and still use the same template. It is simpe and doesn't require many changes.
buZZkiLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #7
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Just to make sure we're on the same sheet of music, I'm going to post the routine.

Workout A

Back Squats 5×5
Chin-Ups or Pull-Ups 5×5
Dips or Bench Press 5×5
Wrist Work (Grip Work) 2×10
Calves 2×15-20

Workout B

Front Squats 5×5
Rows 5×5
Standing Press 5×5
Deadlifts 3×5 (2 warm-up sets and 1 “stabilizer set”)
Wrist Work 2×10
Calves 2×15-20

Week 1: A, B, A
Week 2: B, A, B
Week 3: A, B, etc

I like this routine. It is basic and effective. I wouldn't recommend another routine simply because fullbody work requires adaptation. The old timers knew what they were doing when planning routines like this. Starting with this is a good choice.
I have baseball practice in 20 minutes but when i get back im going to ask something in the thread to help me with exact routine work or i may pm you but ill be posting something when im back in a couple hours
Old 03-15-2010, 09:48 AM   #8
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopDawg View Post
I have baseball practice in 20 minutes but when i get back im going to ask something in the thread to help me with exact routine work or i may pm you but ill be posting something when im back in a couple hours
Sounds good Coop. I'm here until late afternoon.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:20 AM   #9
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

I'll echo others sentiments of that program. It's deceptive in it's simplicity, yet when you employ it with a solid work ethic, and enough food, you will grow.

There are several aspects of this program that many would dismiss, until they have really looked at it and understand what they are seeing. As BTB said, you don't just jump into this type of program at a run. You need to allow some time for your conditioning to allow an all out assault. Even with good conditioning, you can overreach your abilities, and need a break for recovery.

The Park 5x5 is my preferred method of progression. I generally use either a fullbody or an A/B split as my template to work from. I tend to prefer the A/B over the fullbody at this time.

There are a couple of ways to gauge when to add weight with the Park 5x5. I have in the past gone up in reps till I was completing 5x8, and then increased weight. Or, you could go with a smaller increase when you have hit 5x5, and just microload with 2.5 lbs plates.

I would advise, especially when starting out, go up in reps to 8, and then add weight. Make small weight increases in the beginning, no more than 5lbs, and then start back at 5 reps, and work your back up. There's a few reasons to do this, but I don't have time right now to go into it.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:16 PM   #10
CoopDawg
Max Brawn

Default im back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Sounds good Coop. I'm here until late afternoon.
Thanks gl and btb okay i want to ask is the setup im going to use be okay.
NOW THIS IS WHAT I WOULD PUT IN FOR WORKOUT A IF ITS NOT WORTH CRAP GUYS I ACCEPT ANY ACCOMODATIONS TO THIS I TAKE ALL ADVICE.
back squats 5x5
wide grip pull ups 5x5
bench press 5x5
wrist curls 2x10
leg press 2x20 now my legs are fairly strong on this my max is 605 may not be much for you guys but its a fair amount for me but i rarely use that much for leg work i would usually work up to about 405 that still may be to much for a leg press

workout b is the same with exercises except front squat and rows i will do these no subs for these