Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:24 PM   #11
sneezingstardust
Max Brawn
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

sneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributorsneezingstardust is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
1. a girl doing 5x5 makes me say wow, thats rare but cool as hell

2. im lost as to the last sentence in the quote above
LOL sorry, was running out and typed that fast - edited.
sneezingstardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 07:39 PM   #12
Bodybygamma
Strongman/Powerlifter
Max Brawn
Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75 Points: 13,632, Level: 75
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 3+years PL/SM Comps
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: DEATH-LIFT
Fav Supp: Muscle-Juice/MonsterRehab
Bodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master memberBodybygamma is a master member

I suggest before choosing a set routine, you find out your one rep max so you have a idea of what you are really capable of.

If you were to do wendler's 5/3/1 it would only work with accurate percentages in the long term. Bill star's 5x5 may be a good prep routine to build up some form and technique, after that you could go for a one rep max, and then set that percentage into wendlers.

My advice is to do max effort triples and doubles, try to find a reliable training spotter who knows what they are doing, and work up to a single after a couple of weeks or so and then choose a program bases on that.

Part of having an effective program is to workout the weakness, and to better improve technique and form.

You know your body better then any of us,so I am sure you will find the right training program for you.

My #1 training tip and advice tho, record your workouts, from all sides and angles, even some of your warm up sets, analyze everything. Compare you videos to other female lifters who have similar builds and see what they are doing.
Bodybygamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:57 PM   #13
Shaolinkiwi
Ground Zero Training
Max Brawn
Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35 Points: 3,328, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Shaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributorShaolinkiwi is a dedicated contributor

I've got a good template of the 5x5 somewhere - If interested pm me an e-mail address and I'll forward it.

Oh here it is.

Edit.

Wow trying to upload but file types are very restricted. What gives BTB?

T-Alpha Log - CURRENT
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sup...alpha-log.html

Crom, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. Valor pleases you, Crom... so grant me one request. Grant me 1500+! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Last edited by Shaolinkiwi; 02-25-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Shaolinkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:50 PM   #14
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneezingstardust View Post
Hey, thanks everyone for the feedback!

I'm thinking I MIGHT want to shoot for 5x5, and maybe design my own template once I gain a lot of good base strength. Do most of you design your own routines and such?
pretty much
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote