Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:10 PM   #871
IronManlet
With apelike velocity
Max Brawn
Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47 Points: 5,468, Level: 47
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Heavy Duty
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
IronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beastIronManlet is a lifting beast

Nice lifting, zzman.

Yesterday: 10x3x585 shrugs.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #872
zzman
Brawn
Points: 2,822, Level: 32 Points: 2,822, Level: 32 Points: 2,822, Level: 32
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

zzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good posts

zzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:41 PM   #873
zzman
Brawn
Points: 2,822, Level: 32 Points: 2,822, Level: 32 Points: 2,822, Level: 32
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

zzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good postszzman has made some very good posts

zzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #874
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzman View Post
For bench I've been using Westside ideas. I do a dynamic day(tuesdays) 9-12 sets of 3 with 50-65% of my max on the bar and then I'll add bands. I'll alternate grips too. For squat and deadlift I've been alternating speed/dynamic work with heavy work. I'm currently going heavy one week and then light/speed the next week. I'll then do a max effort day(saturdays) where I'll either work up to a heavy single (max) or I'll pick a weight and do it for max # of reps (usually in 4-6 rep range). I will use the slingshot, bands, reverse bands, floor presses, and boards on my max effort days. I usually only go for 4 weeks and then I'll deload. Most of the time I will try for a new raw max on the 4th week. I'll use this method while prepping for a meet. In 5-6 weeks I'll start running a 16 week periodized program for my squat that starts with a lot of volume and then gradually tapers off with the sets as the weight increases. I will use the box (low) a lot at first and then I'll throw it in here and there as the weeks go by. For my deadlift I like to run the Coan/Phillipi except I add about 6 weeks to the program and I slow the progression down. I'll also add some deloads.
Thanks for the info. Always good to know the power behind the beast.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #875
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronManlet View Post

Yesterday: 10x3x585 shrugs.
Making it look easy.

Old 07-18-2012, 01:10 AM   #876
statirasman
New Brawn
Points: 1,601, Level: 23 Points: 1,601, Level: 23 Points: 1,601, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1 Year off and on
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Heavy weights.
statirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good posts

I have been away for about a month on a trip(still have a few weeks of travel left) but wanted to get on and update my numbers and see how everyone is doing. Was training at Supertraining Gym in Sacramento, California with Mark bell and his crew. My current Squat is 440, Bench is 315 x 5 with a slingshot and 340 x 3 with single ply inzer rage shirt (haven't tested raw in a while), and haven't done any max effort deadlift since I last updated. I am now In Korea training on my own in a military gym so I wont be maxing again until after the first of the month.
statirasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #877
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by statirasman View Post
I have been away for about a month on a trip(still have a few weeks of travel left) but wanted to get on and update my numbers and see how everyone is doing. Was training at Supertraining Gym in Sacramento, California with Mark bell and his crew. My current Squat is 440, Bench is 315 x 5 with a slingshot and 340 x 3 with single ply inzer rage shirt (haven't tested raw in a while), and haven't done any max effort deadlift since I last updated. I am now In Korea training on my own in a military gym so I wont be maxing again until after the first of the month.
Sounds like a fun time with Bell and co.

I set a few bench PRs and am on a bit of a roll. Hoping to drive it to 425. That's about the big PR news for me.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #878
statirasman
New Brawn
Points: 1,601, Level: 23 Points: 1,601, Level: 23 Points: 1,601, Level: 23
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 1 Year off and on
Fav Supp: Heavy weights.
statirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good postsstatirasman has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Sounds like a fun time with Bell and co.

I set a few bench PRs and am on a bit of a roll. Hoping to drive it to 425. That's about the big PR news for me.
Good to hear that the weights are moving for you. Would love to hear that you meet and surpass your 425 goal. I have been chasing 300 raw for a while, I'm hoping all the overload assisted work will get me there so I can keep it moving on up.
statirasman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #879
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 15+
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

Lots of PRs here lately for me, just can't remember them all.

Deadlift
550x2
600x1

Low Rack pulls
600x2
620x1
640x1
545x6
480x8

Floor press
225x25x2
315x10

Rev.band squat
495x2

Box squat
315x15

Silverback Barbell
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
http://www.stronglife610.org
Mr.Silverback is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #880
Mr.Silverback
Max Brawn
Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74 Points: 13,065, Level: 74
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 15+
Fav Exercise: Squat, Bench, Dead
Fav Supp: Chicken, Beef, water
Mr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master memberMr.Silverback is a master member

Another to toss in the pot...
3 bd bench
365/5/5...set PR
275/20

Silverback Barbell
CHECK OUT MY 1ST EBOOK
http://www.stronglife610.org
Mr.Silverback is online now   Reply With Quote