Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 01-03-2016, 08:53 AM   #1
PeteV
Brawn

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken & beef
PeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributor
Default Just signed up for my first meet!

I am nowhere near ready for this, but I just joined up with the local drug-free federation and have signed up for my first meet in late February.
I know my numbers won't be huge, heck, I won't even be running a program before it. As I'm still working on a beginners style 5x5, my intention is just to keep upping the weight every training session and maybe a few weeks out start hitting heavier triples and singles.
With the federation I have joined, your first meet results don't count and you get drug tested straight away, so I would like to get the nerves of my first meet out of the way and hopefully meet some like minded lifters.

Damn, guess this means I have to order a singlet......
PeteV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2016, 03:54 PM   #2
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 8
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite memberbamazav is an elite member

Go. Have fun. Learn as much as you can from the experienced guys. Good chance you will meet some folks that will help you improve.

Getting focused to get better.

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

My training Log
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 04:38 PM   #3
Iron_Addict82
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Not enough
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Beta Alanine
Iron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master memberIron_Addict82 is a master member

Go have fun man! Cant wait to hear about it. Ive been doing mock meets and cant wait to do a real meet.

Gym Best
Squat:385@189
Bench:275@189
Deadlift:445@189

Meet Best
Squat:
Bench:
Deadlift:
Iron_Addict82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 08:36 PM   #4
robsorangegym
Hillbilly Lifter
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Powerlifting since 12/15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Huge Gainer
robsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machinerobsorangegym is a lifting machine

Awesome man! I've got my first one in April, this is a good place to ask your questions.

USPA Meet PR's
Squat: 162.5kg (358.25lbs) Bench: 125kg (275.58lbs)
Deadlift: 190kg (418.88lbs) Meet Total: 477.5kg (1052.71 lbs)
robsorangegym is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 09:45 PM   #5
PeteV
Brawn

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Chicken & beef
PeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributorPeteV is a consistent contributor

Cheers guys! Nervous but really excited, I'm really focused on my training & nutrition. Not overly concerned about big numbers but eager to get this first out of the way.
PeteV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 11:56 PM   #6
yangwenbin
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Complete Chaos!
Fav Exercise: squat
Fav Supp: milk
yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!yangwenbin is one with Crom!

Training log
yangwenbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:34 AM   #7
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
Go. Have fun. Learn as much as you can from the experienced guys. Good chance you will meet some folks that will help you improve.
Absolutely this ... Make the most of it ... You will definitely learn a lot ...
Old 01-04-2016, 01:54 AM   #8
Dray
Max Brawn

Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!Dray is one with Crom!

Hey hey - good stuff, mate.

I've heard (never competed, myself) that you should peak, like you say, however many weeks out, but that it might be a good idea to have a deload for up to a whole week before the meet, following the peaking. To let the body and mind recover a bit, and make sure you're good and "hungry" to lift heavy on the day.

Dunno for sure, but it seems to make sense. Anyway, have fun!
Dray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 07:48 AM   #9
LittleRhino
Brawn

LittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributorLittleRhino is a dedicated contributor

Rock on dude, awesome! Can't wait for the write up afterward. Be sure to keep us updated on how you're progressing leading up to it as well
LittleRhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 06:28 AM   #10
MG75
Max Brawn

MG75 is a master memberMG75 is a master memberMG75 is a master memberMG75 is a master memberMG75 is a master memberMG75 is a master memberMG75 is a master memberMG75 is a master memberMG75 is a master memberMG75 is a master memberMG75 is a master member

Good luck and keep us posted!
MG75 is offline   Reply With Quote