Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:16 PM   #1
powerliftingforlife
Brawn

Fav Supp: Rap music and Deathmetal
powerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributor
Default Damn BITCHpress!

Hallelujah, think this old dog finally got it.

Please, let me know if you see anything. I'll behave myself

Last edited by BendtheBar; 01-28-2015 at 01:40 PM.
powerliftingforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2015, 01:50 PM   #2
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quite a quick unrack and rack, but we'll let it go on a warmup Cant tell much from that light weight, seems you could take a tiny bit more time setting up and get tighter, but its hard to tell. Keep smashing.

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #3
Sandbox
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Dead Cow
Sandbox is a lifting beastSandbox is a lifting beastSandbox is a lifting beastSandbox is a lifting beastSandbox is a lifting beastSandbox is a lifting beastSandbox is a lifting beastSandbox is a lifting beastSandbox is a lifting beastSandbox is a lifting beastSandbox is a lifting beast

Nice. Loved that explosion on the 2nd rep.
Old 01-28-2015, 04:31 PM   #4
powerliftingforlife
Brawn

powerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributorpowerliftingforlife is a consistent contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Quite a quick unrack and rack, but we'll let it go on a warmup Cant tell much from that light weight, seems you could take a tiny bit more time setting up and get tighter, but its hard to tell. Keep smashing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
Nice. Loved that explosion on the 2nd rep.

Haha, thanks elite! Even though it was light I should know better. Performance in the long run will no doubt only benefit from treating every minute detail the same, whether it be a warm up or a max attempt. Still, very glad you pointed that out, amongst the million and one cues for bench press, unracking slowly and letting the bar settle is one of them I've been completely blanking out. Excellent!

Thanks, Sandbox. If you noticed I was actually being driven horizontally toward the bar, instead of up, like I usually do.
This is going to be about enough constant analyzing of my form, for awhile anyway. For the time being I think forms are tight enough to stop worry and start crushing with more authority. In many ways I believe the constant changing might do more harm than good, if my form is safe enough.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:13 PM   #5
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerliftingforlife View Post
Haha, thanks elite! Even though it was light I should know better. Performance in the long run will no doubt only benefit from treating every minute detail the same, whether it be a warm up or a max attempt. Still, very glad you pointed that out, amongst the million and one cues for bench press, unracking slowly and letting the bar settle is one of them I've been completely blanking out. Excellent!

Thanks, Sandbox. If you noticed I was actually being driven horizontally toward the bar, instead of up, like I usually do.
This is going to be about enough constant analyzing of my form, for awhile anyway. For the time being I think forms are tight enough to stop worry and start crushing with more authority. In many ways I believe the constant changing might do more harm than good, if my form is safe enough.
That is for sure. Especially when we get emotional, form has to be priority. Not some perfect little rep people brag about, but having good form warming up certainly translates into not too ugly maxes.

Speedy Gonzales!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 11:51 PM   #6
big_swede
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

good job, try put some cgalk on the bench to prevent that horizontal slide
Old 01-30-2015, 09:36 AM   #7
powerliftingforlife
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
good job, try put some cgalk on the bench to prevent that horizontal slide

I'll give it a try monday. Since I train in a shithole, I doubt they'll care