Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:28 PM   #11
Geelong26
Brawn
Points: 806, Level: 15 Points: 806, Level: 15 Points: 806, Level: 15
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Geelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality postsGeelong26 has made some quality posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
I feel the need to apologize to you. I may have offered very little insight while convoluting the subject.

What type of routine are you currently running? Are you running a bill starr style 3 day a week routine? Or something else?

I am assuming you are still a relative beginner, I think if that is the case you should do your routine as it is written and not worry about it. Focus on getting stronger in the rep ranges/sets that the program has laid out for you.
If you feel like progress has stalled try doing straight sets or try doing a four day upper lower split with a ramping day and a straight sets day. Bottom line is progression. In most instances, within reason, it probably doesn't matter if you progress with ramping sets or straight sets. Just do it. Until progress slows. Then maybe do the other.
just started using bill starr's 5x5 linear strength program. All my lifts are at an intermediate level currently. I will stick with this program as long as I am making progress and than switch to 5/3/1
Geelong26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2014, 03:37 AM   #12
BravenFenix
The Big Boss
Max Brawn
Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33 Points: 2,947, Level: 33
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 04/2013
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Caffeine
BravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributorBravenFenix is a dedicated contributor

straight set> ramped set> warm up followed by 1 set.

It depends on the total volume you want really. The newer you are the more your need to practice a weight to get it properly. It's up to you man.

Lifts: https://www.youtube.com/user/BravenFitness

Training Log: http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/sho...304#post443304
BravenFenix is online now   Reply With Quote