Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Chaos and Pain (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1622)

jwood 01-03-2010 11:24 PM

Chaos and Pain

ChAoS & PAIN: ChAoS and PAIN - The Basics

This was posted in another thread on the forum but I hoped if I posted it here more people would read and respond to it. This training style is very intriguing to me, I am very interested to do this, just seems like a very fun program and you get to do whatever you want.

I would like to hear some other opinions on it, seems pretty amazing to me and this dude is strong as hell. Maybe one day I will devote myself to chaos and pain but I wish he would blog more about his training style instead of the rants.

Grim83 01-03-2010 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 18042)
ChAoS & PAIN: ChAoS and PAIN - The Basics

This was posted in another thread on the forum but I hoped if I posted it here more people would read and respond to it. This training style is very intriguing to me, I am very interested to do this, just seems like a very fun program and you get to do whatever you want.

I would like to hear some other opinions on it, seems pretty amazing to me and this dude is strong as hell. Maybe one day I will devote myself to chaos and pain but I wish he would blog more about his training style instead of the rants.

yeah but the rants are classic

jwood 01-04-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grim83 (Post 18043)
yeah but the rants are classic

I love reading the rants, but I would also like to know more about the way he trains, he is super strong and ripped.

Bodybygamma 01-04-2010 12:25 AM

I follow his blog, and like his intensity.

BendtheBar 01-04-2010 09:40 AM

Jamie has a relentless and intelligent approach to everything he does. In my email conversations with him, I can tell you the guy is one of the most intelligent lifters I have interacted with.

After reading Doug Hepburn's book, and then reading Jamie's approach, I decided to start using heavier weight doubles and triples. I will say this...single, double and triple training isn't something to be taken lightly. It's good to ease into it.

The biggest lesson I learned from Jamie is the power of the human will. Jamie destroys weights. He knows his body, and fits his training around his mental and physical needs. He's a great example to young lifters in that he doesn't worry so much about micro-managing things that are unimportant.

He destroys weights using core lifts. That resonates with me because it's how I've always made progress.

Anyway, let me email Jamie and see if we can get him to stop by this thread.

kitarpyar 01-04-2010 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 18042)

Then may be you should take a look at his workout log. Pity he doesnt maintain it now (or at least I am unaware), but for a few days, he started one in bb.com; here's the link to it - ChAoS and Pain in Full ****ing Effect - Bodybuilding.com Forums

jwood 01-04-2010 11:53 AM

I have looked on bb.com and there are only a few workouts logged before he got negative repped out.

Thanks BTB, great response.

BendtheBar 01-04-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwood (Post 18128)
I have looked on bb.com and there are only a few workouts logged before he got negative repped out.

Thanks BTB, great response.

Thanks Jwood. I talked to Jamie this morning. He said he will try to stop by. He just got a new job and relocated, so it might be several days.

If he does stop by - Jamie - feel free to keep your log here.

jwood 01-04-2010 12:11 PM

I think it would be great if Jamie kept a log here, even if he only updated every once in a while, I would still be very interested in reading it.

Thanks BTB

Bodybygamma 01-04-2010 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 18138)
Thanks Jwood. I talked to Jamie this morning. He said he will try to stop by. He just got a new job and relocated, so it might be several days.

If he does stop by - Jamie - feel free to keep your log here.

That would be awesome. I met Jaime @ a strongman contest in PA Ironsport, I was just spectating, but it was an awesome and intense competition. Awesome dude.