Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #21
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITman_mark71 View Post
I respect his hard work, but isn't low rep training dangerous?
This is a fun read.

10 Reasons Stuart McRobert Can Go Fuck Himself
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #22
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I like C&P, but he can be a bit to closed minded at times
User owns 1x Super Squats

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 06:52 PM   #23
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I hope my honestly doesn't offend anyone, but McRobert can have a tendency to make the average lifter feel like he's driving on a short street. If I would have read McRobert as a tiny, 140 pound, small-boned high school kid, I don't know if I would have tried as hard.

McRobert is correct on a number of fronts, but I do believe there are a ton of hardgainers roaming the universe who aren't hardgainers at all.

I like C&P's article because it pits both sides of the universe against one another, and opens the floor to debate.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #24
Grim83
Max Brawn

Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor

I shot an email off to c&p, and he told me hes working on another article for the site, cant wait to see what else the dude has to say

No Bullshit no problems

Old 01-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #25
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

I wish I could get more information on his workouts, but I think I have enough for now, I am going to talk to my lifting group at school and see what they think. It kinda looks like monday I will be starting the chaos and pain workout. It seems like a lot of fun and variety. I think I could make a lot of gains from this workout and I would really like to see how far I can push my body!!
Old 01-07-2010, 08:04 PM   #26
Grim83
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
I wish I could get more information on his workouts, but I think I have enough for now, I am going to talk to my lifting group at school and see what they think. It kinda looks like monday I will be starting the chaos and pain workout. It seems like a lot of fun and variety. I think I could make a lot of gains from this workout and I would really like to see how far I can push my body!!
Im interviewing him this weekend, so i will try to get him to talk about it a little

No Bullshit no problems

Old 01-07-2010, 08:19 PM   #27
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Thanks grim, I am going to do it anyway
Old 01-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #28
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
Good luck Jwood. I've read almost his entire blog, but can remember the info I've pulled about his workouts. I remember some talk about 20-25 total reps for doubles and triples, or something like that. But I can't recall how often he does singles.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 10:08 AM   #29
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Good luck Jwood. I've read almost his entire blog, but can remember the info I've pulled about his workouts. I remember some talk about 20-25 total reps for doubles and triples, or something like that. But I can't recall how often he does singles.
IIRC, the approach was to keep doing singles each day to find 1RM for that lift on that day. The subsequent sets, if they are singles, they are done with about 90-95% of the 1RM for the day. For doubles and triples, 85-90% of 1RM. Usually its like 10 x 3 or 12 x 2 or 15-20 x 1 pattern. Also, he doesnt seem to favor much rest between sets.

But, like you, I have no idea how often he tries out 90-95% singles or the 85-90% doubles and triples.

As an interesting side note, I read somewhere that at about 85% intensity all the motor units are recruited while lifting. This coupled with the fact he never goes below 85% for work sets seems interesting. If you or grim are gonna be interviewing him, may be you could ask if this is one of the factor that led him to work with weights above 85%?
kitarpyar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:23 PM   #30
ChAoSandPAIN
New Brawn
Points: 291, Level: 5 Points: 291, Level: 5 Points: 291, Level: 5
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

ChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good postsChAoSandPAIN has made some good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
Im going to give you an educated guess as to what C&P would tell you... Quit being a pussy. but thats just what i think
That's pretty much exactly what I would say. Chances are, if you're afraid of injury, you're guaranteed to get injured.
ChAoSandPAIN is offline   Reply With Quote