Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 01-17-2014, 03:12 PM   #1
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!
Default Powerlifter Chris Papillion arrested

Quote:
A well-known Victoria power-lifter, Chris Pappillion, is in jail.

Police raided his home Thursday, where they found a number of different types of drugs, including steroids, synthetic marijuana, cocaine and much more.

You probably know the name Chris Pappillion from his many achievements. Pappillion has won three world championships and three national championships in powerlifting, along with eight state championships.

The Victoria police department and SWAT Teams raided his home, where they found bags of drugs.

Pappillion, along with another man inside were arrested. Both men are facing five charges.

Pappillion has been charged with tampering with evidence, two counts of possession of a controlled substance, manufacturing and delivery of a controlled substance, and possession of dangerous drugs.

Arrested with Pappillion was 29-year-old Fidel Salazar Jr. Salazar is charged with three counts of manufacturing and delivery of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance, and possession of marijuana.

Both are currently being held here at the Victoria County Sheriff's Office.
SOURCE: http://www.crossroadstoday.com/conte...H8ARGJJCw.cspx
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
Randoja
Powered by Purus
Max Brawn
Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 12 years on and off.
Fav Exercise: Squat/Bench/Dead
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
Randoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master member

That sucks for him.
www.puruslabs.net
www.unbreakablegear.com <--Save 10% on apparel with coupon code MAB10!
Meet PR's:451/270/501 (181) 479/270/529 (198) Best Total: 1212@181 1278@198
Randoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #3
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Wonder how these raids come about

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:23 PM   #4
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Wonder how these raids come about
"Delivery of a controlled substance" indicates that a sale or transfer of the substance took place. In other words, he was either ratted out or sold to a confidential informant. They have to have probable cause to get a search warrant for a home. They must have had an informant with first hand knowledge.

I know Chris personally. I like him even though I know he starts a lot of internet bullshit. He is a good lifter and will help anyone that needs it. Even with 25+ years of law enforcement behind me, I feel sorry for him and hope he can put this behind him.

Last edited by Ryano; 01-17-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Ryano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:56 AM   #5
Ramrod
Max Brawn
Points: 5,943, Level: 49 Points: 5,943, Level: 49 Points: 5,943, Level: 49
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 12
Fav Supp: FOOD
Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

That sucks, I don't understand every time guys like this get busted. Marijuana and Cocaine are involved. Like Ryano I have 13yrs of Law Enforcement and I hate seeing guys like this get caught up in it. It's all about the money..
Ramrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 01:27 AM   #6
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Makes more sense to me when drugs like that *are* involved... not that I know much about this stuff.

But I can imagine the feds and similar guys being all over cocaine (etc.), where possible, whereas - again, I imagine - personal use of steroids (etc.) might not be very high on their shit list.

Really just making assumptions though...
Old 01-18-2014, 01:39 AM   #7
Ramrod
Max Brawn

Ramrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master memberRamrod is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
Makes more sense to me when drugs like that *are* involved... not that I know much about this stuff.

But I can imagine the feds and similar guys being all over cocaine (etc.), where possible, whereas - again, I imagine - personal use of steroids (etc.) might not be very high on their shit list.

Really just making assumptions though...
Ya makes more sense when drugs like that are found when busted....but what I don't understand is these Bodybuilders and Powerlifters are not users of the Coke and Weed.. I would think anyway... B/c how it would effect training... Many of these guys are gym owners, personal trainers too. So they can't be all coked out or stoned when training someone. I've known guys to sell roids to cover their cost of their own personal use, but they never sold stuff like coke.

I guess these guys are looking at it as "If I'm going to get busted for a Felony Poss/Distr. Charge I might as well sell coke/weed and make the real dough till then."
Old 01-18-2014, 01:46 AM   #8
Dray
Max Brawn
Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67 Points: 10,100, Level: 67
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: bench press
Dray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master memberDray is a master member

Oh, well that's fair enough.

None of these guys actually use narcotics though?

I know some, through the history of bodybuilding and lifting, have done. But no idea as to how popular these other drugs are among powerlifters...

The only references I've heard in recent times have been to do with one or two big powerlifters who do use pot, for whatever reason, from time to time. Turns out some other athletes do this too (e.g., MMA guys, etc.)

It's all beyond me, truly. No plan to go anywhere near any of it!
Old 01-18-2014, 02:05 AM   #9
Ramrod
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dray View Post
Oh, well that's fair enough.

None of these guys actually use narcotics though?

I know some, through the history of bodybuilding and lifting, have done. But no idea as to how popular these other drugs are among powerlifters...

The only references I've heard in recent times have been to do with one or two big powerlifters who do use pot, for whatever reason, from time to time. Turns out some other athletes do this too (e.g., MMA guys, etc.)

It's all beyond me, truly. No plan to go anywhere near any of it!
Pot I can see them using.... I just can't see the coke part, I have a feeling I'm wrong, but I wish it wasn't so..

I remember back in the day a Bodybuilder Name Craig Titus who was known for throwing Huge after parties after Bodybuilding shows. Which where just big Swinger and drug parties. He is in Prison, but it wasn't drug related.. Him and his wife choose to kill a house keeper...
Old 01-18-2014, 07:22 PM   #10
Ryano
Max Brawn
Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50 Points: 6,089, Level: 50
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: 30
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: Buttweiser
Ryano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master memberRyano is a master member

Chris openly admits he smokes pot. I don't know if he used any other recreational drugs or not. I do know of other powerlifters who have been busted because they were selling recreational drugs to fund their AAS use. This is not meant to speculate on Chris's case but that is what has happened to others. They sell other shit, which causes them to get caught with the AAS.