Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   it has begun (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16067)

MetalMan 01-14-2014 10:52 AM

it has begun

Well guys I got under a bar yesterday, put some time in. I'm looking forward to getting a good routine down, and setting some goals.

I did squats yesterday with a trainer to critique my form.
I did 5x5 yesterday, bar unloaded, then 50 on, then 10 more.

I'm deadlifting Friday, and hopefully benching saturday.
Any advice you guys have for me regarding how i progress.

Thanks guys

1morerep 01-14-2014 11:09 AM

Are you doing anything else in between? Monday squat...Friday =dl & Saturday bench...Unless you trying to ck for 1 max. Any attack plan in your mind? You can combine squat and deadlift on the same day too.

MetalMan 01-14-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1morerep (Post 447300)
Are you doing anything else in between? Monday squat...Friday =dl & Saturday bench...Unless you trying to ck for 1 max. Any attack plan in your mind? You can combine squat and deadlift on the same day too.

Not currently, but my schedule will change after friday. My first membership payment will go through, so after that I can structure my week however I'd like. I would like to do some work in between the days that I'm training my deadlift, squat, and bench just not experienced enough to know what i should be doing haha.

Xyanide 01-14-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetalMan (Post 447315)
Not currently, but my schedule will change after friday. My first membership payment will go through, so after that I can structure my week however I'd like. I would like to do some work in between the days that I'm training my deadlift, squat, and bench just not experienced enough to know what i should be doing haha.

If you enjoy 5x5 style training but don't have a ton of time (only 3 days a week to lift) then you could do a full body 5x5 routine. I will let someone else recommend one as I don't feel experienced enough to recommend one directly, but full body 5x5 definitely work if that's the style you'd like to go for with training.

MetalMan 01-14-2014 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xyanide (Post 447347)
If you enjoy 5x5 style training but don't have a ton of time (only 3 days a week to lift) then you could do a full body 5x5 routine. I will let someone else recommend one as I don't feel experienced enough to recommend one directly, but full body 5x5 definitely work if that's the style you'd like to go for with training.

Thanks man, I like the 5x5 but I also have a lot more time I can dedicate than just 3 days. Don't want to get over zealous though as a beginner a hurt myself. Ya know? Thanks guys

SCStrong 01-14-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1morerep (Post 447300)

Squats and Deads ??? Are you mad, man !!?? Ha ha just kidding -

KCStrongmanben 01-15-2014 06:59 PM

Just keep going, add weight to the bar and ride your newbie gains as long as you can. Keep it simple and fun

MetalMan 01-18-2014 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCStrongmanben (Post 447723)
Just keep going, add weight to the bar and ride your newbie gains as long as you can. Keep it simple and fun

Going to have as much fun as I can and just enjoy everything. Just really easy for somebody without a ton of experience to way over complicate things