Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 11-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #1
afraziaaaa
Max Brawn
Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine
Default Lilliebridge Training Method

Anyone bought or used it? Is it an e-book, or some programming/advice from them or what?
afraziaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

E-book.

I inquired yesterday but haven't heard back.

I think I know the bare bones. I have pieced it together from talking to them, and from interviews. With that said, I don't know what the book looks like.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 11-20-2013 at 03:02 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
Cutty
Max Brawn
Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Fav Supp: Amino Acids
Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

I have been curious to get it, $40 isn't a lot but I also know a lot of other programs that work like JB's BIG and it's only $20. I am curious about it though.

Link to log

Max Gym Lifts: 495/300/605
Last Meet Lifts: 435/303/512

Passion without discipline is just a dream. - Steve Shaw

Sometimes you make your own pull by pushing forward. - Steve Shaw
Cutty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:07 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I just sent another inquiry. I'll let you guys know what it looks like if they respond and I am able to purchase it.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Here is a review:

Dan Pasholk
This is a bit long, but if youíre a lifter please take the time to read it.

Today I hit a deadlift PR. To most, thatís not something overly impressive and itís something that should happen after just about every good training cycle. But for me, a deadlift PR means a hell of a lot more.

Six weeks ago I was about to give up on powerlifting, the only sport that Iíve ever been even remotely good at. Over the past two years, Iíd trained my ass off, only to have every single one of my maxes decrease. My knees felt like shit, my shoulders felt like shit, and my back was experiencing a whole new level of awkward discomfort with every squat or pull.

Before throwing in the towel, I contacted a good friend of mine, Ernie Lilliebridge Jr, who suggested I go on the Lilliebridge Method. Just to be clear, over the last few years, I've gone through 5/3/1, Juggernaut, the Cube, and just about every one of the other popular programs that have come out. Iíve followed every one of them word for word, and Iíve gotten weaker. Iím not saying that theyíre bad programs, but they simply didnít work for me.
On top of that, watching every one of my friends make continuous gains and leave me in the dust was completely demoralizing. Iíd walk into the gym feeling lethargic as if I already knew the workout was going to be a waste of time. But with a combination of proper programming and the constant encouragement that Iíve experienced from Ernie Lilliebridge Jr. and Team Lilliebridge, Iíve gotten stronger for the first time in almost three years. Three years of grinding through program after program, getting progressively weaker and going from getting called a prodigy at every meet I attended to convincing myself that another PR was always going to be out of reach.

Over the past six weeks, Ernie Lilliebridge Jr proved me wrong, and today, even through a bicep tear, several knee injuries, and severe issues with my lower back, I hit that deadlift PR that Iíve been working toward for three fucking years.

The Lilliebridges are some of the most humble people that youíll ever meet and I know they wonít take credit for it, but I can honestly say that their method and their guidance was without a doubt the reason for me finally making progress. As you can see by my emotion in this video, Iím happy with my training for the first time in literally years. Their method is also temporarily on sale now for only $40, and Iím living proof that it works just as well for natural lifters. Email TeamLilliebridge@yahoo.com or contact Ernie Lilliebridge Jr for more information.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
afraziaaaa
Max Brawn
Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33 Points: 2,977, Level: 33

Fav Supp: Whey Protein
afraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machineafraziaaaa is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
three fucking years.
Those three words echoed in my head as I read them. It felt genuine.

Thanks for sharing the review, Steve.
afraziaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
Cutty
Max Brawn
Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48 Points: 5,647, Level: 48

Training Exp: 3.5 years
Fav Supp: Amino Acids
Cutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master memberCutty is a master member

Nice BTB

Link to log

Max Gym Lifts: 495/300/605
Last Meet Lifts: 435/303/512

Passion without discipline is just a dream. - Steve Shaw

Sometimes you make your own pull by pushing forward. - Steve Shaw
Cutty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:19 AM   #8
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Just my honest opinion here, so hopefully people dont jump all over me for this.

$40 for a basic training template,ideas, whatever, from someone at that level is cheap. I may buy it just to gain the information from it. I am not a raw lifter, but most of the guys I train are. It might give me some new perspective on things I have not thought about.

Honestly I think that the difference in most programs is marketing. I think that is why the cube has been so successful. While im sure it is a great program as well (I bought the book myself) I think Brandon does a great job selling it. I dont think the Lillebridge's do that. They are just letting it sale as it happens, and that is why you dont see 5000000000 facebook posts about it haha.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:01 AM   #9
bamazav
Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member

I too would be interested in reading this teatise. I am, however, waiting on the definitive powerlifting for geezers e-book, everything is written from the young buck perspective.

OBX Open August, 2014:
Squat 308 PR
Bench 176
Deadlift 402 PR
Total - 886 at 50 yrs 199.6 lbs

Shooting for a 900+ total for next meet. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #10
Shorts
Hulk Smash!
Max Brawn
Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39 Points: 3,912, Level: 39
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Supp: FOOD, nom nom
Shorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machineShorts is a lifting machine

Steve let me know if you get a response out of this as well. It is definitely something I would like to own for my own personal knowledge!

Class I Total @ 198: 525/335/600 (1460)

"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training.... What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable."
-Socrates
Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote