Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   John Broz Powerlifting routine (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14952)

jopp 09-13-2013 10:34 PM

John Broz Powerlifting routine

1 Attachment(s)
John Broz is an Olympic weightlifting coach who was created some beast. This is the Powerlfting program that he created. Attachment 11037
Do you think that this could work for a powerlifter?

BendtheBar 09-13-2013 11:24 PM

I ran daily maxes for over 2 years. Worked well for me. I squatted and benched multiple times per week, and used deadlift variations.

Not something I recommend for guys who don't have quality form, or who don't know how to make minor programming adjustments based on feedback.

afraziaaaa 09-14-2013 05:20 AM

It could yield good results if everything is dialed in, especially recovery. From what I have read, A lot of european/russian lifters train this way or similar.

If you are thinking about doing it, give it a go and see how it works for you. Eat well and sleep well!

BendtheBar 09-14-2013 08:02 AM

I will add that I felt like I could squat 6 days a week, but was making great progress on 2-3 days per week. I saw no personal reason to squat more. When I began the program my squat was around 500. Near the end it was closer to 670.

It was extremely mentally challenging. That was the hardest part for me.

jopp 09-14-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 407416)
I will add that I felt like I could squat 6 days a week, but was making great progress on 2-3 days per week. I saw no personal reason to squat more. When I began the program my squat was around 500. Near the end it was closer to 670.

It was extremely mentally challenging. That was the hardest part for me.

How was your recovery during the time that you did this? Did you stay in a caloric surplus?

Soldier 09-14-2013 09:32 AM

You're 17. If you want to try extremely high frequency, high intensity training then this is the time. Just go into it know that it might work great, might work ok, or might not work at all. Broz has made some extremely strong people, so there's got to be something to what he's doing.

jopp 09-14-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soldier (Post 407514)
You're 17. If you want to try extremely high frequency, high intensity training then this is the time. Just go into it know that it might work great, might work ok, or might not work at all. Broz has made some extremely strong people, so there's got to be something to what he's doing.

I know what you are saying and that is what I was thinking when I was looking at it. I love lifting an just being in the gym so I figured why not. Before I go into it I am planning on doing fullbody 3 days a week, would this be good or is there a better way you think to do it.