Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Training 7 days a week (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14217)

EliteDreams 07-01-2013 01:51 AM

Training 7 days a week

If you don't have an account here on MAB, here me out before joining just to troll my ass.

For a natural, would training for powerlifts every day be feasable if you spread the volume out? Since I already eat too much and have no trouble sleeping...I was thinking triples at 75%. Keeps the rest times low. One barbell movement a day, 1 or 2 assistance moves, leg and bicep curls all that good stuff. Something like a:

Squat Mon
Box Squat Tue
Bench Wed
Deadlift Thur
Rack Pulls Fri
Overheads or Floor Press Sat
Rows and Pullups Sun
Or take Sunday off I feel like it.

I'm trying to work 3 jobs and have lost the desire to go out and watch movies and do these group things blowing a couple hundred bucks every weekend. Why not train?

1Strength 07-01-2013 02:33 AM

It would depend on load and frequency. The thing with fatigue is that there is no real concrete science behind it.

But looking at the exercise selection, I would say that doing 2 heavy Deadlift or Deadlift variation sessions back to back is not worth it. Spread them out. Same with the bench.

I also think, from personal exercise, that when it comes to strength training you shouldn't push more than 4 days a week. But this is, like I said, my experience and the people that train under me.

I would do (using the same exercises you've listed):

Mon - DL + OHP
Tue - Box Squat + Pull-ups
Wed - OFF
Thu - Bench + Rack Pulls
Fri - Squat + Rows
Sat - Off
Sun - Off

But this is taking progression, volume, workload, etc all as void.

Not trying to spam but since this topic will be brought up, here's two articles on Fatigue:
Intensity Cycling and High Intensity Overtraining
What is Fitness-Fatigue?

Dray 07-01-2013 02:51 AM

In "Beyond 5/3/1", I think there's a 6 days per week option, as well as a 7 days per week option, among (many!) other options.

Might be worth a look..?

(Still reading through it bit by bit myself, seeing if anything appeals enough to switch to it, sometime soon-ish).

Paradox 07-01-2013 06:56 AM

I know a couple people who bench almost every day, squat 3-4 times a week and deadlift 2-3 times a week. You have to start below those levels, slowly work them in, and modulate volume/intensity properly. There is no reason you can't bench between 70-80% nearly every single day if you keep the volume appropriate. Same with squatting. I wouldn't even bother box squatting, just a normal competition squat is fine. If you're far out from a meet, I guess you could use other movements, but I'd rather see a front squat or a high bar squat compared to a box squat if you're a raw lifter (unless box squatting is your deadlift movement). All that is another topic though, really.

You can definitely train every day. Keep good track of your volume and intensity, don't fucking kill yourself on any of the days, keep on top of your mobility, hit proper positions on the lifts, and you're golden. Essentially, if you're going to train every day, I'd just use Prilipen's Chart and take the low end of things. As well, I'd take the low end of the number of bar lifts and approaches (sets)

SecondsOut 07-01-2013 07:23 AM

Pavel is a big advocate for training frequency. "grease the groove" is just toned down volume+intensity and ramped-up frequency. i think there's a section in Power to the People where he mentions how some Olympic lifters train every day.
i think of it as a manual labor job: you have to work 5 days a week/8 hours a day. your boss isn't gonna say "the optimal work time is 3 days per week/45 minutes per day. any more than that, and you would be overexerting yourself." you just have to get the work done to keep the job and get paid, there is no "this isn't optimal for my body." of course, manual labor isn't exactly the same as heavy resistance training.

Off Road 07-01-2013 08:08 AM

I've seen every day training work, but it was more like one lift a day and they weren't all BIG lifts. Something like day 1) Bench, then day 2) Rows, then day 3) Squats, then day 4) Press, then day 5) Deadlift, then day 6) Arms, and then day 7) Gut Work.

My personal preference would be;

Day 1) Bench +assistance
Day 2) Squats +assistance
Day 3) Hill Sprints or Sled Dragging
Day 4) Press +assistance
Day 5) Deadlift +assistance
Day 6) Prowler Pushing
Day 7) Gut, Grip, and Neck

moeheep 07-01-2013 08:09 AM

Ya know Ben....there is only one way to find out.....

EliteDreams 07-01-2013 09:43 AM

Let's find out. I'll try it like so, build up, and may change things around later on. First let's get used to the frequency.

Amd uh, I'm on my feet 7-8 hours a night. Not feeling like more cardio.

EliteDreams 07-01-2013 10:05 AM

Ok, here's a thought. Squat every day. Bench and deadlift every other day, 4 days bench, 3 days pulling. Of course it would take a while to work up to any appreciable weight.

Or run a continuous 3 day cycle of squat/bench/deads/squat/bench/deads/squat/bench/deads/squat/bench/deads. Ok breathe. I'm overthinking things.

stayaggro 07-01-2013 10:12 AM

Mark Bell's latest Power Project video, he talks a bit about training 7x/week toward the end. apparently its what he does. He has 4 days dedicated to power lifting, an arm day, a GPP day, and a back day.

Also, Jamie Lewis trains with no end, sometimes two a days with no rest days for weeks at at a time.

Definitely worth a shot, cause, why not?