Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Ammonia (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13421)

RGRthat 04-24-2013 04:35 PM

Ammonia

I have heard people talking about using smelling salts on big lifts. All I know is it is like a kick in the nuts. Does anyone know how it works (is it the chem or just the putrid smell), side effects (if any), and where to get it (and cost)?

bruteforce 04-24-2013 04:46 PM

TORQUE IT!!!!

Ken Anderson (andersonpowerlifting.com) sells it. Its pretty cheap. I couldn't tell if you have used it before from your post or not, but its sort of like when you get a big whiff of vinegary hot wings, except 100x stronger. Only side effects I've noticed is being really pissed off that I just sniffed something that burns like that, and bigger lifts.

RGRthat 04-24-2013 04:49 PM

I will have to order some. Wish there was somewhere I could just pick it up though. And no I have never tried it before but would like to give it a go.

bruteforce 04-24-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RGRthat (Post 354712)
I will have to order some. Wish there was somewhere I could just pick it up though. And no I have never tried it before but would like to give it a go.

You might be able to find standard smelling salts at a local pharmacy. I always hear rumors that it exists there, but I've never been able to find any

J_Byrd 04-24-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruteforce (Post 354713)
You might be able to find standard smelling salts at a local pharmacy. I always hear rumors that it exists there, but I've never been able to find any

I buy smelling salts from a pharmacy.

bruteforce 04-24-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J_Byrd (Post 354718)
I buy smelling salts from a pharmacy.

You lie! jk. Seriously though, which one and where do you find it? I went into a local one and they just stared at me when I asked.

J_Byrd 04-24-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruteforce (Post 354719)
You lie! jk. Seriously though, which one and where do you find it? I went into a local one and they just stared at me when I asked.

realo pharmacy. But I have bought from others as well. Just ask for the smelling salts that are in first aid kits, or for concussions. Really though, the Noise tork is a better buy.

1morerep 04-24-2013 05:08 PM

Is like a kick in the nutzzzz!!!. Is very cheap and you can find it in any powerlifting site like elite, monstermuscle, crain, etc...Sides effects...crazy lifts!!!!

RGRthat 04-24-2013 05:22 PM

You guys make it sound like you turn green, your eyes bulge, your nose bleeds, earthquakes and tornadoes appear out of nowhere, and the sky falls..... damn I want some...

brad1224 04-25-2013 09:33 AM

So no sides? sounds like a must have for HUGE lifts!