Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #1
CZERWIEC
Brawn

Training Exp: many years
Training Type: Strongman
CZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good posts
Default HELP

I have a show in little over a month an have to bring my cleans from the floor up. Anyone have any suggestions, rountines or just advice would be a huge help.
CZERWIEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
Off Road
Max Brawn

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

What kind of show?
Will it involve Cleans?
How long have you been training Cleans?
What kind of numbers are you pulling now?
What have you been doing to build these numbers up until now?
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
1morerep
Max Brawn

1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast1morerep is a lifting beast

I think he is talking about this...

(Master Strongman 2013) he has a log about it...but I think a month is way too close to see big improvements. I will concentrate in totals a not just one event...

however, I think that high dl pulls might help...

540/385/515 (previous meet)

http://www.metalmilitia-va.com/

Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go!!!

1MOREREP 2014
1morerep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:15 PM   #4
MikeM
Max Brawn

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Are these Axle cleans? I've never done those, so take this with grain of salt.

I raised my barbell power cleans by doing them 3 times a week. A heavy day, a very light one, and a medium rep day.

On the heavy day, I went right up to 2 max singles, then dropped back 10-15% to do 3 or 4 sets of 2. On the light day, I just did a lot of reps with an easy weight. Like 10-15 reps with 70% or so spaced out however I felt like 5s, triples, whatever. On the medium day, I went to a single of 90%, then dropped back to 80% or so to do 3-4 sets of 4-5.

Also, this was with bumpers so I could drop the weight. Dropping it makes them a LOT less taxing. If you can't drop the weights, cut the volume (reps)back a bit as the lowering will take it out of you.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:30 PM   #5
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Axle or Log Cleans?
What weight, where are you now?
Are you comfortable with continental cleans on the axle?
Max weight or reps?
Old 03-31-2013, 01:21 AM   #6
CZERWIEC
Brawn

CZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good postsCZERWIEC has made some very good posts

thanks for help
this will be a project the whole season with a bb and axle
my clean now is 205 which is ok for my upcoming meet with a bb but have to get it up to around 235 by late summer early fall for another show I'll be in. All other shows will be with a axle.
Old 03-31-2013, 04:48 AM   #7
big_swede
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

The fine thing about cleans are that you can practice it every day without it having a bad impact on recovery.

To bring up your clean in 1 month i would do something like this

Work up to a max single on frontsquats every week, do 3x2 or 2x3 downsets w 85% of D1RM

Work up to max single on the powerclean from ground followed by 3x3 clean from hang w less weight

3 sets of cleanpulls or highpulls from floor - 4-6 reps

You can do this 2-6 days a week and im sure it will have you clean 235 within a month.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #8
CZERWIEC
Brawn

Thank you Big Man Swede. Didn't think about the front squats, makes sense