Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 03-26-2013, 06:26 AM   #11
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
Great work! I didnt realize you had dropped that much weight! Solid lifts, you will hit much more as your body continues to adjust to the new weight!
Thanks JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by IainK View Post
Great stuff. Good to loose that weight and still pb!
Cheers Iain

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
You can definitely see the lack of aggression on those seconds. You also seem to suffer from the same affliction as me on deads where your shoulders get infront of the bar and you then struggle to get them back. Overall a very strong showing though plenty of positives to take into your next training block. I'd expect some quick wins as well as you solidify weight and grow into that weightclass a bit more. Well done.
Thanks Al , hope you are rigt on the quick wins!
Thanks again for all your help on the build up and on the day,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen View Post
You have some awesome quads -- I was watching your lifts, but kept staring at your legs

Excellent job! You KILLED that 3rd squat.

Congrats my friend!!
Ha , thanks Jen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
Great meet Alan! Once again congrats bud!!!!
Thanks Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Firstly, I just want to tell you how proud I am of you and say congratz on a really impressive meet Alan. I know it's your competitive spirit talking when you say you weren't entirely happy with it - especially after a squat miss. That happens to me as well. Nobody, including yourself, can ever question your heart, desire, and talent. Proof in the pudding is that you came out after the misses on squat and bench and then nailed it. You also met your weight class goal, which is an accomplishment in itself. Those lifts looked really good mate. Indeed, there is always room for improvement, even for the best lifters out there. I can absolutely guarantee you that you will progress and have bigger numbers for the next meet. You just can't help but get even better. That's what happens to fine lifters like yourself.

I just loved the write up and the vids. Always a treat to see you lift.

PS - we are now at the same total! However, I am much heavier. Your meet here is just further inspiration to me that I can lift just as well, if not better, at a lighter weight.
Thanks Jim , I am certain that you can lift well more than this when you cut is complete…
Too bad I wasn’t in a position to have a go at that 500lb pull , but ill do it in the gym soon enough and will take a vid too

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
This is some amazing work Alan ... Very glad to see that you didn't give up after 2nd failed attempt but come back and did it with more determination. It is always difficult to keep your strength with wt. loss but you did it splendidly ... Great work mate ...
Thanks Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post
Nice job Al. Thought you were aiming for the 82.5 class with that cut ha. Solid work though and great comebacks on the squat and bench.
Cheers mate , yeah overshot that a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
Awesome work you Irish beast!
Thanks Hazz , not quite the beast but there were some on show ,
most notably a 711kg (1,565lb) total in the 100kg (220lb) class and a 605kg (1,330lb)in the 82.5kg (182lb) class

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #12
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Looking strong and fit. Quads are coming in nicely.

Excellent comeback on that 165 squat and 130 bench. Congrats on that deadlift PR. That 220 was close. Just a small hitch away.

I am very impressed. You are strong and healthy, and in a good place right now. Keep doing what you're doing.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:19 AM   #13
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Looking strong and fit. Quads are coming in nicely.

Excellent comeback on that 165 squat and 130 bench. Congrats on that deadlift PR. That 220 was close. Just a small hitch away.

I am very impressed. You are strong and healthy, and in a good place right now. Keep doing what you're doing.
cheers Steve , and thanks for the help as always

keep doing what i am doing....... you mean following your advice and example?? too right i will

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #14
spiritthief
New Brawn
Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: MaxiMuscle Promax
spiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good posts

N1 dude!
spiritthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #15
Fergus
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,485, Level: 21 Points: 1,485, Level: 21 Points: 1,485, Level: 21
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 2 years.
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Steak
Fergus is a consistent contributorFergus is a consistent contributorFergus is a consistent contributorFergus is a consistent contributorFergus is a consistent contributorFergus is a consistent contributorFergus is a consistent contributorFergus is a consistent contributorFergus is a consistent contributorFergus is a consistent contributorFergus is a consistent contributor

Well done pal.
Maybe ill compete against ya some day if I get going!!
Fergus is offline   Reply With Quote