Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:01 PM   #21
HIThopper
Max Brawn
Points: 3,233, Level: 35 Points: 3,233, Level: 35 Points: 3,233, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

HIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributor

Pulling sumo with the centurain reversed is fantastic, so much pop off the floor.

The bench shirt is the devil though, I have an F6 and will never put that horrible thing on again!!! NEVER!!!!

That reminds me, I really want to throw on the suit and go for a nice big pull again
HIThopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2013, 08:10 AM   #22
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIThopper View Post
Pulling sumo with the centurain reversed is fantastic, so much pop off the floor.

The bench shirt is the devil though, I have an F6 and will never put that horrible thing on again!!! NEVER!!!!

That reminds me, I really want to throw on the suit and go for a nice big pull again
Ok, so what's wrong with the F6?
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:16 AM   #23
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:

Sorry, repeat post.
Old 03-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #24
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
If someone is strong raw then they'll be strong with gear, but the opposite isn't true.
Neither one of those are going to hold true each time. Lot depends on what road they took to get into gear. As long as a guys overall strength dictates the level of gear he uses, he will have appropriate carry over. Meaning a guy who benches 300lbs probably doesnt need to be in a multiply bench shirt. I see this all the time, people over gear their strength. Your first shirt you want it to be something that is easy to learn and touch in.

Start with a used, and lose SK if that is the shirt you decided to go with. If its tight it will take a good bit of weight to touch. It took a 600# for me to touch in my SK and it wasnt tight by gear whore standards lol.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:25 AM   #25
Beverly McD
Max Brawn
Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28 Points: 2,218, Level: 28
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: Since 1987
Beverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machineBeverly McD is a lifting machine

apftexas@yahoo.com or lnesuda@hotmail.com

Randy and Liz Nesuda are the state chairs for the APF in Texas.
They work with a ton of new lifters. Also new to the gear lifters. They may know of a place near you that can help you get a better idea of what gear will work for you, and tips on how to get in and out of it.

Super nice people and absolutely eat up with PL.
Beverly McD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #26
HIThopper
Max Brawn
Points: 3,233, Level: 35 Points: 3,233, Level: 35 Points: 3,233, Level: 35
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

HIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributorHIThopper is a dedicated contributor

Nothing wrong with a F6, just the bench shirt in general is the devil! maybe I am just a sissy though!
HIThopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #27
Soldier
Max Brawn

Quote:
Nothing wrong with a F6, just the bench shirt in general is the devil! maybe I am just a sissy though!
Haha, upon a second reading I thought this might have been what you meant. You should try a slingshot. That thing is pure fun! Like I said before, it gives me more than a lot of people are claiming to get out of their shirt.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #28
IainK
Max Brawn
Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25 Points: 1,840, Level: 25
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 20
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Hard work in a can
IainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machineIainK is a lifting machine

Good post by Jb. If you want to make a real go of the gear then do it in good stages. Not buying the tightest Katana you think its posible to get into lol Again if yiur not around experinced guys you a) might not get tight stuff on right and b) even worse not get out of it lol