Muscle and Brawn Forums
 

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #31
CookAndrewB
Junior Member
New Brawn
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 24
Reputation: 118
CookAndrewB is new to the forumCookAndrewB is new to the forum
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman025 View Post
going to try this this coming weekend for sure.

thanks.
I have no idea where you are in Ohio, but the invitation is open to come train in Lancaster with the strongman group I train with (goes for anyone reading this). We train every saturday, 7:30...really don't get started until 8am. If for no other reason than to try some of the events in an atmosphere where nobody is going to point fingers and make fun. We have a good time and have a lot of good guys who are willing to help out.

Think about it...
CookAndrewB is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-24-2009, 01:17 PM   #32
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Grim83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: alabama
Posts: 1,597
Reputation: 14693
Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookAndrewB View Post
I have no idea where you are in Ohio, but the invitation is open to come train in Lancaster with the strongman group I train with (goes for anyone reading this). We train every saturday, 7:30...really don't get started until 8am. If for no other reason than to try some of the events in an atmosphere where nobody is going to point fingers and make fun. We have a good time and have a lot of good guys who are willing to help out.

Think about it...
going to add you to my road trip, i want to go cross country so i can lift at the big gyms, like the pit, semi-original golds, westside, lancaster strongmen , and a few others.
User owns 1x Super Squats
__________________
It isn't that they cant see the solution.
It is that they cant see the problem.
-G.K. Chesterton

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:19 PM   #33
Grim83
Director: TGZ
Max Brawn
Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53 Points: 6,663, Level: 53
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
 
Grim83's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: alabama
Posts: 1,597
Reputation: 14693
Grim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributorGrim83 is a dedicated contributor
Default

as for sandbags, heres a similar idea i had and used, i took this old sturdy back pack i've got and cant destroy, even with 80-100ibs in it lol, and just throw some plates inside then start doing a bunch of these odd lifts
User owns 1x Super Squats
__________________
It isn't that they cant see the solution.
It is that they cant see the problem.
-G.K. Chesterton

No Bullshit no problems

My Blog- http://grim83.blogspot.com/
Grim83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #34
CookAndrewB
Junior Member
New Brawn
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 24
Reputation: 118
CookAndrewB is new to the forumCookAndrewB is new to the forum
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
going to add you to my road trip, i want to go cross country so i can lift at the big gyms, like the pit, semi-original golds, westside, lancaster strongmen , and a few others.
Well, if you come to Columbus you can hit WSBB, EFTS, and us (not in the same league) all in one stop


Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim83 View Post
as for sandbags, heres a similar idea i had and used, i took this old sturdy back pack i've got and cant destroy, even with 80-100ibs in it lol, and just throw some plates inside then start doing a bunch of these odd lifts
Sturdy backpack is great, but trust me you don't want to be swinging around a bag full of iron plates... they used to call that a "mace" in the crusades, and it killed people a 50lb bag of sand from Lowes is all of $4... just go grab that. As an added bonus, if you get a good weighted backpack like that you can throw it on (as god intended) and take a nice long walk.
CookAndrewB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
enter, lifting, odd, twilight, zone


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Chillout Zone: Vital-Statements Chillen General Board 101 08-15-2012 06:23 PM
APRIL CONTEST - Best Male & Female Mirror Photo - Easy as hell to enter! Pit-Bull NS General Board 1 04-08-2012 08:01 AM
Welcome To The Xander Zone -- My Workout Log #Maverick# Training Logs 8 01-26-2011 08:01 PM
Enter the FART ZONE dmaipa General Board 12 11-13-2010 03:00 PM
Enter The Drug Dragon: Volume 3 Iron Gladiator General Board 0 09-15-2010 09:01 AM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.