Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
skids
Max Brawn
Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Meat, Milk,
skids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beast
Default Please Help, Muscle and Brawn full body workout 1

Gidday There,

Hey I'm just looking for a little help with the Muscle and Brawn full body workout 1. Its easy enough to understand but I would like to train more frequently than 3 days per week. Can I train workout A on Monday and then do workout B on Tuesday and then have wednesday off. Then do workout A on Thursday and then workout B on Friday and then have Saturday off, and so on and so on. Basically I want to train on a three day cycle indefinitely. Is this wise ? I have done it for a couple of cycles like this now and it seems to work .

I also have trouble with the upright rows due to having a torn rotator cuff tendon. I'm just wondering if there is another exercise I can swap it with that wont aggravate my shoulder but will still add value to the workout.

Thanks in advanced, Nath.
skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 05:25 AM   #2
leefarley
Max Brawn
Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57 Points: 7,457, Level: 57
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Benchpress
Fav Supp: protein powder
leefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master memberleefarley is a master member

i would say you could but as the weight gets more heavy it would take me alot more time to recover thats my experience running A/B fullbody 4 times a week and i would burn out very quickly.
leefarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #3
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Picking a routine that you have to "modify" right away is not the best move, unless you are experienced enough to know how to do the modifications. Of course, if you were experienced enough you wouldn't be asking the question. There are so many good routines out there it's pretty easy to find one that will fit your needs. You want a four day routine, then look for a four day routine.

Full-body routines are designed for three days a week because your body grows and gets stronger while you rest. There is no need to destroy your body two days in a row if you did a good job on the first day. Let it rest, recover and grow.

If you feel the need to workout four days a week, may I suggest a good push/pull split or an upper/lower split. There are a ton of good four day routines out there and we'd be glad to help you find one that is appropriate for you.

Last edited by Off Road; 01-25-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #4
Trevor Lane
I am a VIKING!
Max Brawn
Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68 Points: 10,591, Level: 68
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: A few
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: T-Bomb II
Trevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beastTrevor Lane is a lifting beast

I would recommend that you use that shcedule for an upper/lower routine or a push/pull routine to maximize your recovery.
Trevor Lane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
skids
Max Brawn
Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42 Points: 4,436, Level: 42
Activity: 19% Activity: 19% Activity: 19%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Meat, Milk,
skids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beastskids is a lifting beast

Gidday everyone, I appreciate everybody's input and the saner part of me hole heartedly agrees, However the mongrel weightlifter part of me keeps telling me to lift more and more. I come from a Oly lifting past were I was lucky enough to have a full time coach . I never questioned my coach and I never really understood what program I was doing nor did I ever understand why I was doing it. All I really ever picked up on was that we be training Bulgaria Style, witch meant Squats 5 times a week, Power cleans or Snatch or Cleans or whatever, day after day, week after week until some thing gave out. ( normally a knee ) Then I would squat and lunge and not go as low as normally on my oly lifts. All though it was known as Bulgaria style it obviously wasn't, it was loosely based on there style at best. Long story short, My hole body would get hit from every angle 5 consecutive days a week. The resole I am telling yous this is just to give yous some history on me, but not try to convince yous that I am a weaker , fater version of superman. The reason I like this muscle and brawn workout is because I train at home these days and I only have a big power cage and some bars and plates, and a selection of kettlebells. Most workouts I have seen require all sorts of other stuff that I don't have. So I guess if anyone out there can point me towards a better program that I can flog myself 5 days a week I'd be most grateful.

Many Thanks, Nath.

Last edited by skids; 01-25-2013 at 06:59 PM. Reason: didnt finish my story
skids is offline   Reply With Quote