Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #11
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

There is no "correct" routine and there is no "time to switch" routines. Just find a method that you enjoy using, really believe in, and stick with it for a very long time (years even). When changes are needed then make those changes within the system, don't look outside the system. After years under the iron you'll have learned enough to know when to make wholesale changes.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #12
nighttrain
Max Brawn
Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68 Points: 10,795, Level: 68
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 20+
nighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beastnighttrain is a lifting beast

dont make changes until you stop seeing improvements, be it in strength or size.. if you are still progressing leave it alone....

If its not broken dont fix it....

NT
Old 01-25-2013, 09:32 AM   #13
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1morerep View Post
If I understand right....you only weight 100kg; however you ponly lift 110kg (242lbs). At this point ans some of you may not agree but I would concentrate in just get stronger..Routins like 5/3/1, 5x5 and other are techniques much advance than the mate in question. I'm pretty sure he is new to powerlifting. He was bite by the bug. Now he needs to get stronger. A lot of reps, a lot of accumulation training and good nutrition. WHY? Asssuming that those numbers are correct, He is barely lifting 1:1 in the bench, and 1:1.5 in DL & Squat.
I agree spiritthief has more strength potential to unlock but his lifts are balanced and good for basic intermediate lifters (we don't know lifting experience or body mass, etc).

Sufficient volume is often key to advancing strength (depending on the lifter's experience), but I think 5x5 is decent volume. 25 reps of squats, etc per session can get a lot done!
Old 01-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #14
spiritthief
New Brawn
Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13 Points: 699, Level: 13

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: MaxiMuscle Promax
spiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good postsspiritthief has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
I agree spiritthief has more strength potential to unlock but his lifts are balanced and good for basic intermediate lifters (we don't know lifting experience or body mass, etc).

Sufficient volume is often key to advancing strength (depending on the lifter's experience), but I think 5x5 is decent volume. 25 reps of squats, etc per session can get a lot done!
Thanks JD. I weight 94 kilos, body fat at the moment is 13-14%, and have been properly lifting for a little over a year. I will stick to 5x5 till it works.

Thanks all for the advices.
spiritthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #15
jdmalm123
Less is More
Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74

Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritthief View Post
Thanks JD. I weight 94 kilos, body fat at the moment is 13-14%, and have been properly lifting for a little over a year. I will stick to 5x5 till it works.

Thanks all for the advices.
Solid base.

Best of luck!