Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Thoughts on this belt For Women? (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12210)

Ramrod 01-15-2013 04:19 AM

Thoughts on this belt For Women?

My wife is to the point she needs a weight belt.. She is 5'4" about 120ish. I'm thinking a 4in 10mm Powerlifting belt like mine will dig into her hips and ribs. Specially on Deadlifts. I want 10mm or so Leather Belt not Nylon one..

Was looking at the Tapered 2.5 x 4in belts many sites carry. ATP, Best Belts, Titan, Andersons and so on. But I would like her to have just a little more belt on the front. Like a 3x4in.. Which I found on ATP's site, but at over $100's.. I'm not sure if I want to spend that much...

Came across this belt...
SCHIEK SPORTS Power Leather Contour Belt 2004 X-Small
It's 4.5in in the back.. And looks to be 2.5 on the sides and 3in on the front... Just guessing...
Thoughts? looks like the benifits of a Leather belt, but a little more form fitting for smaller frames...

http://media.astronutrition.com/medi...-1-unit-31.jpg

Ramrod 01-15-2013 04:40 AM

That or this belt..

Inzer Advance DesignsDetailed Information

nighttrain 01-15-2013 07:00 AM

i have an Inzer power belt and i woud never wear anything else. just my .02

nighttrain 01-15-2013 07:02 AM

that SCHIEK SPORTS belts looks like it might be more comfortable around the waist, my only concern would be how thick is it and will it provide the support of a 10mm-13mm belt... i would like to see it in person first

Ramrod 01-15-2013 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nighttrain (Post 312374)
that SCHIEK SPORTS belts looks like it might be more comfortable around the waist, my only concern would be how thick is it and will it provide the support of a 10mm-13mm belt... i would like to see it in person first

Thats what I wanted too...

I'm leaning towards a 3in 10mm or a 2.5x4in 10mm Tapered Belt..

Beverly McD 01-15-2013 07:28 AM

Inzer belt gets my vote Ramrod.
I'm 5'3" and have a very small frame (I use a xx-small belt).
I like the support and I also like the single prong on the belt.

When I first got my Inzer belt (looooong time ago) Mike spent a few hours in front of the TV, working the belt back and forth to loosen and soften up the leather for me.

Ramrod 01-15-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beverly McD (Post 312378)
Inzer belt gets my vote Ramrod.
I'm 5'3" and have a very small frame (I use a xx-small belt).
I like the support and I also like the single prong on the belt.

When I first got my Inzer belt (looooong time ago) Mike spent a few hours in front of the TV, working the belt back and forth to loosen and soften up the leather for me.

Is that a 4in or Tapered?

3in Belts I'm looking at...

Bobs Belts, Bobs Custom Lifting Belts, Weight Lifting Belts, Powerlifting Belts, Made in The USA

The 3 Inch Powerlifting Belt

Beverly McD 01-15-2013 08:01 AM

4 inch and tapered.
I sent them a diagram with measurements showing where I wanted the taper to begin.
They never batted an eye! Made it to my specs, no extra charge.

It's been a long time, probably close to 20 years, since I had it done.
Still have the belt and use it all the time.

Ramrod 01-15-2013 08:12 AM

How wide is the front? 2.5in Wonder if they could make a 3in front and 4in back?

Beverly McD 01-15-2013 08:24 AM

I'm not sure the exact measurements on mine, but it's much smaller in the front, probably a couple inches or so.
I have a small frame/waist, and the 4 inch belt all the way around bruised the hell out of my ribs!
I started the taper at the side of my waist.
At that time, they would make it any way you wanted it.
It may be worth a try if you think she'll be lifting for long enough for you to recoup your investment.