Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Versa Gripps (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12139)

BigJosh 01-08-2013 11:22 AM

Versa Gripps

Anyone use versa gripps here? How do you like them compared to straps?
Which type do you recommend? The Fit Series, The Classic Series or the Pro Series?
Got a few extra bucks and thinking about ordering a pair.

MC 01-08-2013 11:32 AM

I've never used straps, but I love my Versa Gripps. I have the fit series in black. Use them when I do back work. Really helped with my elbow/forearms issues.

Squatter 01-08-2013 11:32 AM

VG's are one of the best purchases I have ever made. Steve recommended them to me quite awhile ago.

They wrap on the bar quickly and easily, which is really important on deadlifts. They provide a big sense of stability and firmness with the grip. They are also way more durable than regular straps and will last you for many years. I have the Pro series, but I don't remember what the difference is. Could be load rating? I'd go with the Pro version for when you pull your 500.:)

It's pretty much a no brainer to go with them. I wish I had invented them.

bamazav 01-08-2013 11:33 AM

I love my versa grips. If it is a pull, I am using them. I have friends that use them for everything, pulls and pushes, but I am not comfortable with them on pushes. I like that they are easy set up and easy release and yet super strong.

I would spend the bit extra and get the pro model.

BendtheBar 01-08-2013 11:49 AM

Much easier to hook in than straps, more durable, and the grip is a death grip.

They are the luxury car of straps.

I use the Pros. I beat the snot out of them and they are still going strong 4 years later.

markievicz 01-08-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigJosh (Post 309755)
Got a few extra bucks and thinking about ordering a pair.

Well let me help you out here....ill allow you to buy me a pair too if that gets rid of those pesky extra bucks!!!!
:D

ricka182 01-08-2013 12:49 PM

Another Versa-Grip user here... I just got a new pair for Christmas, can't wait to grab a bar! Like BTB said, the grip is death-like. But it's still so easy to let go if needed.

I would recco the Pro series as well, especially for heavy pulls. They make the lift itself easier to focus on, versus getting a grip on tight enough.

Hunterace 01-08-2013 12:52 PM

I just got the pros, thanks to BtB advice. Girp is 100% better! Easier to use, or quicker. I still need to break them in more, but I'm not dissappointed at all!!!

gaspers04 01-08-2013 02:12 PM

Still using straps, mine are pretty durable. 700lb shrugs with no breaks week after week.

elijah 01-08-2013 02:53 PM

Using schiek dowel lifting straps, for a fraction of the price of versa, quality seems to be excellent. only been using them for a few months though...

Schiek, Inc. - Lifting Straps