Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Powerlifting & Strength Training
Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Powerlifting & Strength Training Topics related to powerlifting and strength training.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2012, 02:55 AM   #1
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default Too much lower back work?

I am currently doing 5/3/1. I started cycle 8 this week. I decided to program Power cleans into my programs for a couple reasons. 1.) I wanted to train my ability to explode and 2.) I am (not so) secretly obsessed with having huge traps.

Wendler recommends doing the Power Cleans on Squat day, before squating. He also recommends programming them with the 5/3/1 protocol.

I power clean squat second workout day of the week. First day being OHP.

On PC and Squat day, I also did good mornings.

Today, on workout day 4 of the week I did deads and I just felt flat. Relatively "light" weights felt heavy. And I ended up tweeking my lower back pretty badly.

Questions:
Is it safe to say I am probably doing too much work that involves my lower back? And my lower back simply can not recover?
If this is the case, what should I drop? The good mornings are the obvious answer in my eyes, but will I get enough hamstring work if I don't include the GMs?
Just looking for a little bit of advice and insight. Thanks.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.

Last edited by BigJosh; 12-23-2012 at 03:21 AM.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links