Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Powerlifting & Strength Training (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Help with powerlifting and weight loss goals (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11881)

TJ 12-08-2012 04:41 PM

Help with powerlifting and weight loss goals

I'm T.J. over the last year I have lost 60 lbs. . I have gained about 17 in muscle. I started because I'm type 2 diabetes. I want off insulin its a long road. I been sober in feb for 3 yrs ( = amongest all this ive found love a passion for lifting. long term I was to lose another 50 and I wanna compete powerlifting. . any advice ?? hey thanks for the opportunity for me to share ( =

TJ 12-08-2012 04:46 PM

I'm T.J. over the last year I have lost 60 lbs. . I have gained about 17 in muscle. I started because I'm type 2 diabetes. I want off insulin its a long road. I been sober in feb for 3 yrs ( = amongest all this ive found love a passion for lifting. long term I was to lose another 50 and I wanna compete powerlifting. . any advice ?? hey thanks for the opportunity for me to share ( = :rockon: :biglifter:

BendtheBar 12-08-2012 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.J. (Post 299557)
I'm T.J. over the last year I have lost 60 lbs. . I have gained about 17 in muscle. I started because I'm type 2 diabetes. I want off insulin its a long road. I been sober in feb for 3 yrs ( = amongest all this ive found love a passion for lifting. long term I was to lose another 50 and I wanna compete powerlifting. . any advice ?? hey thanks for the opportunity for me to share ( =

Welcome to the forum TJ, and congrats on your accomplishments.

Moving this to it's own thread so more people will see it.

Off Road 12-08-2012 05:02 PM

Stay clean, keep lifting heavy, stay on top of your conditioning, and keep eating healthy. Most of all, give it time and enjoy the journey.

TJ 12-08-2012 05:06 PM

eating was the first thing i changed. . but lifting heavier i feel so damn hungry. and thanks for kind words and hey thanks bend the bar for the help . . i need to get a new program started just dont know where to start. I tried to post a pic.

bruteforce 12-08-2012 05:10 PM

Your story is familiar to me. I was diagnosed with Type II Diabetes in October 2008. 14 months later, I had lost 150 pounds and was off all medication. In 2010 I screwed around in the gym some, wasted a bunch of money on supplements, and eventually found my way over here. 2012 has been a good year. I gained a little more weight back than I planned, but competed and placed in a Strongman contest and am getting set up for a PL meet in February. Keep the faith, stay out of anything that doesn't get you towards where you want to be, and smash heavy weights.

BendtheBar 12-08-2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T.J. (Post 299567)
eating was the first thing i changed. . but lifting heavier i feel so damn hungry. and thanks for kind words and hey thanks bend the bar for the help . . i need to get a new program started just dont know where to start. I tried to post a pic.

If you need help with the picture email it to me:

contact@muscleandbrawn.com

...I'll help you out.

What does your eating generally look like each day?

gaspers04 12-08-2012 07:31 PM

Welcome.

TJ 12-15-2012 10:10 AM

HELP WITH training new workouts please ?!

PLEASE HELP ME WITH NEW ROUTINES ?!?!!?
THANK you kindly in advance!

How I been doing it is . . Back n Biceps, Triceps n' Chest, Legs get a day, Calves n' Shoulders. . and i walk 2 hrs a day or jog on treadmill.

Back n' Biceps DB Bicep Curl: 5x 14/30
Cable Face pull: 5x 14/80
Cross Body Hammer Curl: 5x 14/25
Bent over rows: 5x 12/105
crunches w/bench 4x 18
Shrugs: 5x 14/140
Back ext machine: 3x 14/ 165

I will post the rest in a bit. . Thanks for all your time and effort ! :rockon:

BendtheBar 12-20-2012 07:34 PM

Bump. I'm going to shower then respond.